𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗈𝗎𝗋 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖲𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖧𝖺𝗍

Chapter Four : The Sorting Hat

———

[(Y/N)'s Point of View]

The first thing we saw when we got out of the train was Hagrid, the one who helped me get my school stuff.

"Right, then. Firs' years! This way, please! C'mon now! Firs' years, don't be shy!"

Harry, Ron, and I joined the crowd of first-years in front of Hagrid, who was holding a lamp.

"Hello there, Harry!" Hagrid greeted Harry. Then he noticed me. "Hi, (Y/N). Didn't see yeh there!"

"Hi, Hagrid." Harry and I greeted back.

"Wow." Ron gasped, staring at Hagrid.

"Alright now, firs' years!" Hagrid called the crowd again. "Follow me ter the boats! C'mon now!"

We did as we were told and followed him.

"You know Hagrid?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah," I replied. "He was the one who helped me buy my school stuff."

"Really?" he said. "He helped me too. He was the one who told me I was a wizard."

We continued chatting until we reached a wide lake with small boats on the side of it.

I stared at the rippling water. It heavily reminded me of Poseidon.

"Come on, (Y/N)," Harry called.

That was when I realized I was the only one standing by the shore.

"Oh, sorry," I muttered and, very slowly, I went into the boat.

It wobbled a bit, making me curse in Ancient Greek.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, reaching out a hand.

"I'm fine," I said when I regained my balance. I immediately sat down beside Harry. "Thanks."

He smiled at me. For a few seconds, I thought I felt my heartbeat jump a little too loud, but it was gone afterward. I noticed that his eyes weren't just green, but an emerald green one. It reminded me so much of the seaweeds in Camp Half-Blood's lake. Cold, swaying, and attractive.

The boat suddenly moved. I cursed again.

"Be careful," said Harry, holding my arm. "You're a bit clumsy, aren't you?"

"I—uh—yeah, probably," I muttered, cheeks burning at the contact.

I looked away from him.

The others began talking animatedly as we sailed the lake with the boats while I looked at the sky.

There was a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder.

All of the other first years jumped on their boats, almost toppling them over. Even Ron jumped, swearing as he did so.

"Blimey! What was that?" Ron asked.

I stared at the sky. The lightning and thunder were gone. Normally, I would feel scared about it. The god of the sky might be angry about something, but, this time, I felt so safe with that lightning strike.

It was a sign from Zeus. A good luck sign for me. I thanked him.

Another lightning and thunder occurred, finally causing one boat to stumble into the water. Hagrid went to help them get back to their boat.

"That was quite funny," Harry whispered to me, grinning.

"It wasn't," I said, chuckling a bit.

"Yes, it was!"