𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗂𝗏𝖾 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖦𝗋𝗒𝖿𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽𝗈𝗋𝗌

Chapter Five : The Gryffindors

———

[(Y/N)'s Point of View]

As I turned to talk to some of the Gryffindors, I realized how wonderful it was to be here.

When my first plate of food was finished, I grabbed the whole plate of fruits and placed it on my plate. Ah, this is just so good.

I couldn't help but think of boasting this to Annabeth, Will, and Luke. We never had this kind of feast in Camp Half-Blood unless someone finished a quest alive, and that was once in a lifetime. I was sure they would be drooling over the food in here.

"Woah, calm down." said the voice of a girl. It was Hermione Granger. "You looked like you haven't eaten for years."

"Not really," I said after finishing the grapes. "Just didn't eat this much in years."

Hermione smiled at me, and I smiled back. I really wanted to befriend her. She had the presence of Annabeth with her.

On the other side of the table, the conversation was made.

"I'm half and half." said a brown-haired boy. I think his name was Seamus Finnigan. "Me dad's a Muggle, mum's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock when he found out."

The others laughed.

"What about you, Neville?" said Ron.

"Well, my gran brought me up and she's a witch," said Neville. "But the family thought I was all-Muggle for ages. My Great Uncle Algie kept trying to catch me off my guard and force some magic out of me—he pushed me off the end of Blackpool pier once, and I nearly drowned—but nothing happened until I was eight. Great Uncle Algie came round for dinner, and he was hanging me out of an upstairs window by the ankles when my Great Auntie Enid offered him a meringue and he accidentally let go. But I bounced—all the way down the garden and into the road. They were all really pleased, Gran was crying, she was so happy. And you should have seen their faces when I got in here—they thought I might not be magic enough to come, you see. Great Uncle Algie was so pleased he bought me my toad."

Oh, so his Great Uncle Algie was the reason why he was struggling with his toad.

They suddenly looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"How about you?" Seamus asked back.

"Erm..." I tried searching for an answer to the question. "I'm a... half-blood."

"Really?" Ron asked. "On which side?"

I hesitated.

"My mom."

"So, your dad's a Muggle, too?"

A God, I almost said but stopped myself.

I only nodded my head and looked down at my plate to avoid more questions. Thankfully, they went into asking Hermione and Ron about their blood statuses.

I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me. I gazed up at my plate only to see Harry looking at me.

I raised my eyebrows. He seemed to have realized what he had done because he suddenly blushed before facing his food.

"Ouch!"

I confusedly stared up at Harry again. He had just clamped his hand to his head.

"What is it? Are you okay?" I asked, baffled. "What happened?"

"N-nothing," Harry said while fixing his hair away from his face. "Nothing. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" I asked once more.