𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾 : 𝖶𝖺𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝖧𝗈𝗀𝗐𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗌

Chapter Three : Way to Hogwarts

———

[(Y/N)'s Point of View]

My last fortnight in Camp Half-Blood was enjoyably sad. Annabeth, Luke, and Will kept nagging me about this new school I have to attend, but of course, I never told them.

Professor McGonagall told me not to tell anyone, at least, not yet. She said that it wasn't safe to tell other people about Hogwarts and its location. She also told me not to do magic using the wand I bought outside school if I was not yet seventeen. So, basically, I hid all my school stuff from my cabin mates to avoid suspicions. She also told me the way to board the Hogwarts Express (it was the train that we had to use to go to Hogwarts).

Today, I was ready to leave the camp I lived for six years.

Breakfast on September 1 was unusually gloomy. Will said that it was because the sunshine camper of Camp Half-Blood would leave the year-rounder phase and have to leave for ten months. I was overwhelmed when I heard that. I never knew that I affected the whole camp just by leaving.

"I'll be back next summer." I kept on promising them as I walked towards the Big House to say my goodbyes to Mr. D (even though I didn't want to). "Ten months isn't that long. I'll be back home soon."

"Just—just be careful, okay?" Will said again. "Don't forget to Iris-message us. You have enough drachmas, right?"

"I have, Will," I said again.

"Remember to—"

But he didn't have time to nag on me again when we finally reached the Big House. Mr. D was standing beside his chair, seemingly hoping for me to turn up.

"Ah, here comes the leaving brat," he said.

"Thank you, Mr. D," I said warily.

Mr. D rolled his eyes and tossed me a heavy-looking bag. Oh, scratch that. It was heavy.

"Additional drachmas," he said. "Your father asked me to give that to you... There's a surprise too. I don't know what was that but your father specifically told me to see it yourself."

"Thanks, Mr. D," I said, now sounding really appreciative.

"Meh," said Mr. D and sat down again.

"I'll get going, then," I said. "Bye, Mr. D. See you again."

"Don't ever be back."

"I'll probably be back in Christmas break, thanks Mr. D," I said, hiding a smile.

"I said don't ever come back."

"I'll miss you too, Mr. D."

Mr. D glared at me but I was too happy to glare back. I meekly smiled at him and waved merrily. At least, I would have something to look forward to... being back here for Christmas break. Professor McGonagall told me that we have the opportunity to go out of Hogwarts every Christmas and Easter break. I would take that opportunity to be back home.

Will and Annabeth walked with me towards the hill to Thalia's tree, and both kept reminding me of stuff to do.

Chiron was waiting for us on the hill's boundary where the protective barrier was placed.

"Hey, Chiron." I greeted.

Chiron smiled.

"Ready?" he asked.

"I think so," I said.

"You will be fine, kid," he said. "Professor McGonagall assured us of your safety inside your school. No monster will come at you."