𝐹𝑂𝑈𝑅 (new storyline)

𝑆𝐸𝐶𝑅𝐸𝐶𝑌

𝑆𝐸𝐶𝑅𝐸𝐶𝑌

edited - 28.02.2023

Almost several long days had passed since Kennedy had taken the pregnancy test and Charles was still non the wiser to the fact that he had gotten his best friend pregnant. She hadn't plucked up the courage to tell him yet and in all honesty it didn't matter after today anyway,  Charlotte had been around to the apartment a couple of nights ago expressing to her how she wanted to ask Charles if he was ready to start a family with her.

Which Kennedy had to admit was slightly weird considering that only a few weeks ago she had been so set on ending things with Charles, however that was none of her business.

And so Kennedy had decided to book an appointment with her doctor to talk about her options and see if it was possible for her to have an abortion.

which is how she found herself sat in the doctors office, holding hands with Kaia who was sworn to secrecy about this whole situation. "Are you okay?" Kaia questioned, Kennedy didn't look the most comfortable, led down on a most likely hard hospital bed with her midriff exposed to the cool air circulating the room and paper towel tucked into her pants. Kennedy just nodded, what she had failed to realise was that she would have to have a scan before the doctor could allow her to go ahead and have an abortion.

A small knock could be heard, the two sisters glanced in the direction of the door. "Are we ready?" Dr. Garcia asked coming to stand in front of Kennedy, her file in hand. "As ready as I'll ever be" She mumbled, Kaia squeezed her hand reassuring her that she was still there and that she wasn't alone in any off this. Kenny smiled grateful for the support before glancing back at her doctor.

"So, Kennedy how have you been feeling?"

Kennedy paused for a second to think. "Um, I've been finding myself exhausted quite a lot even  from the smallest of activities, I haven't experienced morning sickness and I'm also starting to crave really weird food combinations" She explained her stomach rumbling at the thought of Ice-cream on toast.

Dr. Garcia laughed gently. "Exhaustion is normal in your first trimester and your one of the lucky ones, almost seventy to eighty percent of women experience morning sickness. How weird are your cravings?" She questioned, she could tell that Kennedy was nervous just like all first mothers are at their first ultrasound appointment.

"Well I like Ice-cream on toast and pickles dunked in peanut butter" She laughed remembering the countless trips to the supermarket she had made for pickles and peanut butter at four am. Dr. Garcia laughed with her while Kaia just pulled her face in disgust.

"What's that?" Kennedy questioned, watching a she pulled out a small bottle from under the desk her doctor chuckled flipping the cap of the bottle open. "It's just gel, its a special lubricating jelly that enables me to rub my transducer on your skin with ease and it also helps transmit the soundwaves" Dr. Garcia explained smiling at Kennedy who just nodded, she was too scared to speak.

"this will be a bit cold" She warned before applying some of the jelly to Kennedy's stomach the twenty-two year old flinched at the cold sensation spreading across her abdomen. Kaia placed a light kiss onto Kenny's forehead.

She began to rub what Kennedy assumed to be the transducer across her stomach with light pressure her eyes glued to the monitor, her expression was unreadable causing Kennedy to slightly panic. Was something wrong with the baby?

"what's wrong" She managed to force out, straining her neck to see the screen that was facing Dr. Garcia. "I'm just checking everything is okay with baby" Her doctor reassured her with a warm smile, Kennedy nodded laying flat against the bed, her eyes trained on the ceiling. She had never felt this nervous or protective over her pregnancy before so why now?.

Dr. Garcia went through everything, making sure the baby was developing normally, which it was. "You've got one active baby Kennedy, it wont keep still" She commented pointing at the screen making Kenny smile, that was really no surprise after all it was Charles baby as well as hers.

"would you like to listen to baby's heartbeat?" She questioned glancing over at Kennedy who looked lost from the question. She glanced up at Kaia wanting some advice from her big sister but she didn't need any her mind was already made up. "Yes" she whispered.

almost instantly the once quiet room filled with the loud but soft thumps of her baby's heartbeat, Kennedy felt the lump form in the back of her throat as she listened to the angelic sound, hers eyes began to water as she felt Kaia hold her hand even tighter than before, her eyes filling with tears too.

And in that moment everything fell into place for Kennedy, she felt relaxed and at peace. This was her baby, hers and Charles's baby whether he wanted to be apart of its life or not.

"Baby's heart beat is perfect, I know the consultation was for a scheduled abortion but I can get you some pictures if you'd like" She offered, wiping the gel off of Kennedys stomach.

"The abortion appointment wont be necessary anymore but I would love to get some pictures please". Kennedy spoke, glancing up at Kaia who stared down at her in admiration. Dr. Garcia smiled at her while nodding, turning to print some pictures off for her.

"I'm going to be a mum Kaia" She whispered.

"Yes you are".

____________________________

she's keeping the baby! this was honestly so emotional to write but I wanted to shed light on the fact that quite a lot of mothers consider abortion and that is perfectly fine.

You have to do what's best for you ! x