𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁 (new storyline + extra content)

𝑆𝐸𝐶𝑅𝐸𝐶𝑌edited - 01

𝑆𝐸𝐶𝑅𝐸𝐶𝑌

edited - 01.03.2023

The pain that filled Kennedys chest only lingered for a few moments before it turned into annoyance and disbelief, both of them built by grief but moulded by anger.She could feel her eyes roll to the back of her head as she moved to slam the front door shut in his face. Part of her hated herself for not allowing him into her home but right now she didn't feel like falling for his puppy dog eyes.

Did he really think he could just turn up unannounced and ask for her help after he practically abandoned her?

The sound of his hand slamming against the door and holding it ajar apparently meant he did although the sound of the rain fall seemed loud; the sound Charles's palm made when it connected to the large oak wood door was louder. The loud bang made Kennedy want to flinch due to the sharp ringing in her ears but instead her whole body remained stiff and 'uninterested' in what Charles had to say.

"Please" He almost begged his eyes pleading with her to drop the attitude and allow him to seek comfort in her, almost as if he wasn't the one who had pushed her away. Once upon a time Kennedy would have dropped everything she was doing if he had it looked at her like that but now it lighted a fire burning deep within her stomach.

Once again Kennedy moved to push the door shut but yet again Charles's hand was their to stop her attempts. "Please Ken I beg yo-" Kennedy didn't wait for him to finish his sentence instead she fought against her better judgment and opened the door to her home slightly; the gap wasn't big at all but it was enough for Charles to squeeze his slender frame through.

His body slightly brushing against hers, his light blue shirt stuck to his skin, moulding against his own. Kennedys eyes couldn't help but take a sneaky glance at his arms and shoulders noticing how they flexed in appreciation of the warmth, the veins at the side of his neck prominent from how hard he'd been clenching his jaw.

Kennedy never really understood the phrase 'the silence is deafening' until this very moment, her eyes hadn't left his once he stepped in front of her. Even though the pair hadn't broken eye contact it felt as if they where trying to avoid each other like the plague. The entrance to her home that Kennedy had spent the first half an hour obsessing over suddenly seemed so small.

Charles hated this, he hated awkward silences. He wanted her to scream at him and tell him how much he had hurt her, he wanted her to hate him until there was no hate left in her, he wanted anything but nothing.

Anything but this.

Kennedy stood awkwardly propped up against the closed door, her arms crossed against her chest watching as he shifted from one foot to the other attempting to cut the tension with his movements.

"Are you not going to say anything?"

Kennedy raised her brow, her eyes saying more than words ever could, it was clear that Kennedy for once in her life had nothing to say to him; and that's what hurt him the most because no matter what he did in life Kennedy always had something to say about it and now she had nothing, instead she just threw him a look of disappointment.