(BOTW) [Love Triangle] {Hero Reader} Zelda and Sidon

Requested: Quotev user StrugglingSoul
Summary: When I say "Hero Reader", I mean that the Reader basically takes Link's place. Also, I couldn't find any pictures with Zelda and Sidon together, so uh, here's some Sidon concept art.

* The backstory is basically that when Link goes to the Shrine of Resurrection, it fails or breaks down or something and he dies.

* Everyone starts losing hope, since y'know, the wielder of the Master Sword is dead.

* But you don't! You want to protect your home, so you train every day to strengthen yourself.

* Word spreads that a new young hero is rising, and one day, you visit the Shrine of Resurrection to pay respects to the fallen hero, when you find that it's been opened.

* You find the Shieka Slate, Zelda's spirit talks to you, and you pretty much take the place of Link.

* Now, before we continue, let's look at all of this from Zelda's perspective.

* Her only hope is the Sword that Seals the Darkness. So when the only one who can wield such a sword dies, she begins losing all hope as well.

* She spends 100 years fighting the Calamity, wondering if it's all in vain, unsure if her efforts truly mean everything or if she's just delaying the inevitable, but then you show up.

* Her miracle, her light in the darkness, you have given her hope once more.

* She helps you whenever and wherever she can. She warns you about upcoming threats, tells you everything you need to know when exploring new areas, and if she can, has small chats with you.

* It's the smaller moments, the simple activities, whether they be cooking a meal or grooming your horse or simply watching the stars in the sky that give her hope. It gives her the will to continue fighting Ganon.

* After all, you're fighting your hardest, too. You've worked so hard to help her, and you've already done so much just by being there.

* Not a day goes by where she doesn't want to hold you in her arms, free of the danger Ganon brings, and relishing in the comfort of her embrace.

* You are her blessing.

* Which is why she doesn't appreciate it when another clingy royal comes into your life.

* Sidon is immediately enthralled by you and the title you've made for yourself, and only further admires you when you offer to help him with the Vah Ruta problem.

* Of course, Zelda is quite ticked off by this, but it doesn't get on her nerves too much.

* She doesn't see him as much of a threat yet. He's just one of many Hyrule inhabitants you'll need to interact with to reclaim the Divine Beasts. Although she knows that a bond will most likely form between you two, she's hoping that once you leave Zora's Domain, your interactions will be limited.

* However, Sidon seems to crush these hopes, as he seems very intent on making you stay. He lets you stay in only the most comfortable resting quarters, lets you eat all the delicious food your stomach could fit, and insists on you resting for as long as you'd like.

* Meanwhile, Zelda is trying to get you focus on the task at hand, while trying to drive away your attention from the clingy prince.

* You'll most likely listen to Zelda above Sidon, and will remind the Zora prince that you have a duty to fulfill.

* Sidon hates to see you go, and although he admires your courage and bravery, he hates the fact that you have to face dangers every day for the sake of others.

* However, because of the words of his father, he'll let you venture on, under the circumstance that he travels with you wherever he can.

* Sidon most likely won't know that he has competition unless you tell him about Zelda talking to you from Hyrule Castle, or until Ganon is sealed and he meets Zelda in person. Even then, he probably won't notice that she's competing with him until she starts taking your time away from him.

* In this scenario, I do believe Sidon has the upper hand, considering he still has his kingdom and loyal subjects. Although I'm sure Zelda will still be highly respected, it will take quite a while to rebuild her kingdom and grow her army, so even if you were to fall for her instead of Sidon, the prince will be able to snatch you away whenever.

* Despite this, there is very little Sidon could do to Zelda herself. He couldn't- and even if he could, probably wouldn't- dispose of her or spread any rumors, considering her powers and status.

* Likewise, Zelda cannot simply kill the Zora prince, and although she could spread rumors, they would most likely only damage other people's views on her considering she has very little to her name and Sidon has quite the noble reputation.

* Honestly, the only ending to the scenario I can think of is Sidon just straight up kidnapping you.

* Until Zelda manages to build up her army again.

* Then it's fucking war.