Chapter 2

On Remnant in Vale, it was the morning, around 7 or 8 AM.

The feeling's running deep, ain't no time for sleep

 Sonic had just spent all night busting a bank robbery and he was running back into Green Hills, zipping past Nora's patrol car.

A second to unwind, head up in the sky

"Mornin', Nora!" Sonic comments

Sonic running past Nora caused a bit of wind to blow by.

I follow to the beep, it's just what my heart's demandin'

"Morning, Sonic!" Nora responds, resetting her speedometer

Friends and laughing

Sonic ran up to a hill that had a big view of Green Hills.

Say i'm right and we'll sail tonight, i'm hooo-oo-oome

"Good morning, Green Hills!!!" Sonic called out

Sonic then zips all around Green Hills

This is my heaven, baby, day and night in my zoo-oo-oooone

Sonic then zipped over to Jaune and Ruby's house, carefully sneaking into his room, making sure nothing breaks.

"Come on... Sonic quietly groaned when seeing that he had some Lien from the bank robbery stuck to his shoes

Sonic quietly put the Lien in his drawer and pulled out the map and a feather from Longclaw fell out which he picked up, having flashbacks to that fateful day.

"I miss you, Longclaw.....i'm trying to make you proud." Sonic comments

Sonic put the feather and map on his bedside table before laying down in his bed, yawning a little.

"And now....for a little shuteye." Sonic comments, going to take a nap

However, a few minutes later, Zwei hopped onto the bed and began licking Sonic's face,

"Ugh, Zwei, morning breath!" Sonic comments

Ruby stepped up, carrying a laundry basket.

"Sonic, you're still in bed?" Ruby comments. "You're supposed to meet Jaune, remember?"

Zwei managed to nudge Sonic off of his bed entirely.

"Alright, alright, i'm up. I'm up." Sonic muttered

Later, out on a pond, Sonic and Jaune were out fishing, Sonic barely holdign himself awake and Jauen getting a good cast out in.

"What a day...thanks for comin out, bud. You know, I feel like you and me, we haven't had much time together lately." Jaune comments, no response from Sonic. "How's it goin over there? Getting any bites?"

Sonic's sleeping eventually led to him falling into the lake, which was bad as he couldn't swim for a thing.

"I can't swim! Help!!" Sonic yelped. "if I die, don't look in my closet!!!!"

Jaune went and got Sonic out of the water and put a towel around him.

"Now that you've had a nap and a bath....I went up to your room last night to bring you some new comics and uh...." Jaune starts

"I knew I should've used real farts...." Sonic groaned

Jaune put a newspaper down in front of him.

"How many times are we gonna do this?" Jaune commented

"What? Cast your line and not catch anything? Anywhere near a billion." Sonic responds

"You know what i'm talking about." Jaune responded. "The leing, the sneaking out, the pretending to be Batman.."

"Bleu Justice, trademark pending." Sonci comments

"Whatever, you're being wreckless." Jaune said

Sonic rolled his eyes.

"Ugh, not this conversation again." Sonic comments

"Hey, it's no fun for me, either but if you keep being irresponsible, we're gonna keep having this conversation." Jaune stated

"How is it irresponsible to use my powers?" Sonic questioned

"Sonic, you destroyed an entire city block!" Jaune pointed out. "You put people in danger and that isn't what heroes do."

Sonic sighed.

"You're supposed to be my friend.......stop trying to be my dad." Sonic comments. "I can take care of myself."

"Sonic, taking care of yourself isn't all of what being a hero is about." Jaune said. "It's about taking responsibility for other people. And whether you wanna hear this right now or not, you are still just a kid. You got more growing up to do before being the big hero. Trust me when I tell you there will come a time when your power will be needed. But you don't choose that moment."

Sonic looked back at Jaune.

"That moment chooses you." Jaune adds

"Whoa...look at you." Sonic scoffed. "I just...I just got goosebumps-wait a second, did you steal that from Ozpin?"

"No sir, that is an Arc family special." Jaune comments. "Came from my dad in this very boat on this very lake. He always tried to steer me in the right direction, and that's what Ruby and I are trying to do with you."

Sonic sat back down in the boat.

"So, until your moment arrives, I want you to work on being a little more responsible." Jaune said. "Comprende?"

"Comprende." Sonic responds, high fiving Jaune. "Now, let's get back to the house! Hang on tight!"

Sonic dipped his feet into the water and he began going at high speeds, doublign as a sped boat pretty much. Back at the house, Jaune and Ruby had gotten out of their standard clothing into more vacation-like clothing and were getting ready to go to Menagerie. In the living room, Sonic had opened a ring portal and Zwei was next to him.

"Welcome to Sonic Air, the fastest way of travelling to the kingdoms and Meangerie." Sonic comments. "Now boarding groups 1 and 2."

"Sonic, this is so neat!" Ruby comments

"I'm sorry, ma'am, you and your husband are group 3." Sonic comments

After a bit more, Sonic ran a so called scan, they were getting ready to go through.

"Enjoy your trip!" Sonic comments, giving the two a fist bump and tossing Jaune a ring. "Okay, use this one to get back home when done."

Jaune put the ring in his pocket. Then, they hopped through the portal and said their goodbyes for at least the next 48 hours.

"Have fun at Blake and Yang's anniversary!" Sonic said as the portal closed. "Okay, Zwei, it's 48 hours until they come back. We got TV channels, streaming channels,, a house full of food and no supervision."

Zwei barked.

"Let's do this." Sonic adds

Sonic proceeds to have all sorts of goofing around, even with Zwei, and while he was, on a cliff somewhere, a ring portal opens up and out hops Miles with some sort of advanced technological device.

"If these readings are accurate, he's here, i've found him!" MIles comments, switching on his robotic tails. "I just hope i'm not too late."

Miles then takes off for Green Hills and hid in a bush.

""Okay, he's definitely in this town, I just need a way to reach him without being spotted." Miles comments before seeing a nearby police car. "standard town issued transport. Perfect!"