Chapter 12: Final Battle Part 3: Robotnik's defeat

They all slowly started climbing out of the truck's remains, Sonic holding the Emerald.

"You guys okay?" Ruby asks

"Yeah." Jaune responds

When they got out, they leaned against the truck, Sonic holding the emerald as Robotnik's mech approached very slowly.

"I've got the emerald, we can still defeat him!" Sonic states. "Come on, how does this thing work? What do I do?"

Then, it started losing it's color and crumbling.

"What???" Sonic questioned as the emerald crumbles in his hand. "Nononononononono!!!"

Robotnik's mech wasn't that far away, and it -prepped some ammo for fire.

"Look at the happy little family..." Robotnik comments

Then, the mech shoots fire, surrounding Jaune, Ruby, and Sonic in a ring of fire.

"Y-You have to get away from me!" Sonic states. "I'm the one he wants!"

"Hey, we're not going anywhere." Ruby says, grabbing one of Sonic's hands. "We're family."

Sonic looked at Ruby and then Jaune.

"And families stick together." Jaune says, grabbing Sonic's other hand. "No matter what."

The mech got ready to stomp down, Jaune and Ruby willing to die with Sonic since they wouldn't wanna see him die alone or anything long those lines.

"I love you guys." Sonic said

"We love you too, Sonic....." Jaune responds, ready for the worst

Just as the mech was going to squish Sonic, Jaune, and Ruby, the emeralds spun in a circle and were absorbed into Sonic's body. Then, the mech's foot smashed down.

"NO!!!!!!" Miles cried out

In the mech, Robotnik was ecstatic.

"I GOT HIM!!!! I FINALLY GOT HIM!!!!!!" Robotnik cheered, cackling

Suddenly, something was trying to shove against the foot of the mech.

"What was that??" Robotnik questioned

Back on the ground, there was a bright glowing light and under the foot, as everyone watched in amazement, Sonic, infused with the power of the emeralds, was now in a new form and everything on him that was blue was now flashing various colors and instead of green, his eyes were a bright blue. When he got the foot up, he shot straight through it and into the air, leaving some after images of sorts.

Then, he began shooting around the mech's head, effectively sawing it off as Robotnik had his eyes covered from the light and he was ducked out of the way. When the head was fully sawed off, he looked over as Sonic flew and floated in front of him.

"It's over, Eggman..." Sonic said sternly with an echoing voice, floating there

"I like the new look! It works for you!" Robotnik said. "Whaddya say we just let bygones be bygones? I did some things, you did some things, there are good people on both sides."

Robotnik put a hand behind his back and pushes a few buttons on his gloves..

"Surely two intelligent beings......" Robotnik stars as the mech's fist charged up for an attack. "....can work these things out!!!!!"

Robotnik tried to punch Sonic only for him to block the attack with his hand and obliterate the mech hand. On the ground, Jaune and Ruby ran over.

"Come on! Come on, buddy!!!" Jaune called out

"Get him, Sonic!!!!" Ruby shouts

"Yeah, come on!" Jaune added

Robotnik tried to punch Sonic with the other fist the mech had but Sonic blocked that attack and obliterated that fist as well. Then, Sonic began punching all sorts of massive holes in the mech, making it lose it's balance and he went back to the front. One tap of the foot and this thing would lose it's balance and begin falling and hopefully without Robotnik escaping.

Sonic's action? He lightly gave it a tiny dink with his foot and it began slowly falling.

"Oh, it's like that????" Robotnik comments, getting a look from Sonic. "Okay, we're not friends."

The mech then began falling, Robotnik with it.

"LATER, HATER!!!!!!!!" Robotnik shouts as he fell towards the ground

With a loud crash and Sonic drifting to the ground, Jaune and Ruby ran to congratulate Sonic on his victory.

"Wait, you cannot touch him!!!!!" Knuckles said, standing in front of them. "The hedgehog Faunus holds the power of the emerald. I'm sorry, he is no longer the Sonic you once knew."

Sonic then looked at the sky and began summoning a big storm cloud that was creating something in his hands. However, what was getting created was simply a chili dog. Which he took a bite of and really enjoyed.

"Oh, you gotta try this." Sonic said, snapping his fingers

Suddenly, another chili dog began falling out of the air, and it ended up landing right on Knuckles's face

"Okay, he is exactly the Sonic you once knew." Knuckles comments, brushing his face off

Then, the emeralds exited Sonic's body and vanished and he was normal again.

"Sonic!" Ruby comments as her and Jaune hugged him tightly

"Bring it in, bud." Jaune said as they finished hugging him

"It's good to be back in blue!" Sonic said. "The rainbow god thing was fun but blue is always more my color."

"Looks good on you." Jaune says

Miles walked up and said, "Sonic, you were the most powerful hero in the universe but you just...let it go. Why?"

"Because....I still got some growing up to do." Sonic responds. "And I kinda like being a kid."

"And you aren't just any kid..." Jaune says, smiling. "You're our kid."

"That's right." Ruby adds

They all hugged each other, Miles even getting in on the hug, too. Meanwhile, Knuckles gathered the remains of the shattered emerald and held it in his closed fists, repairing it back to it's shiny mystical green state.

"Whoa...you fixed it." Sonic said

"I spent my whole life questing for this, now I have it. Now WE have it." Knuckles said. "What do we do of it? What next?"

"There was once two orders of heroes who had protected the galaxy from those who had used the emerald for evil." Miles said as Knuckles handed him the emerald

"But they have all passed on to the great battleground in the sky." Knuckles said

"So we start a new order, the three of us." Sonic comments

"This is no light task by any means. We must make a vow. To use our powers and abilities to keep the universe safe." Knuckles said. "To watch out for each other. Our new tribe."

"Oh, i know! A power bump!" Miles comments, putting his fist out

"Good idea." Sonic responds as he puts his fist out as well

They noticed Knuckles's face.

"It's an kingdoms custom" Miles said. "An unbreakable promise."

"Very well, a power bump it is." Knuckles said

They all then did the said power bump, Knuckles included.