Chapter 4

At the side of the cliff, Knuckles was climbing up, which was one of various functions of his gloves. Then, various drones surrounded him abnd he loosk at the droens as Robotnik leans over the edge.

"So, my massively metacarpled friend..." Robotnik starts. "you mentioned awo-awo-awooo-ultimate power back at the house?"

"The Emerald of power? It does not concern you." Knuckles responds. "I got you off that planet and you brought me to the hedgehog Faunus. We have no more use for each other."

"well, I hate to be a contrarian, but....." Robotnik starts, pushing buttons on his gloves. "...I think we might."

Then, more and more of the drones surround Knuckles.

"You think these machines are a match for me?!??!?? I will shatter them like the bones of a fallen-" Knuckles starts before seeing what the drones were moving around to be. "-oh, they are stairs."

When Knuckles got up to the cliff face, Robotnik had a couple things to bring up.

"You see.....Vale is my turf, g." Robotnik comments. "If you don't know what its' like, you'll be lost without me."

"I understand NOTHING of what you just said." Knuckles stated

"I help you retrieve the emerald....and YOU use it to....DESTROY THE HEDGEHOG FAUNUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Robotnik shouts

After some thought, Knuckles looks at Robotnik.

You're suggesting an alliance?" Knuckles asks

"Around here, we simply...grip each other's hands, firmly." Robotnik says, holding his still regular hand out to Knuckles

Knuckles gripped, carcking Robotnik's bones a little.

"You....crackulant island pumpkin! You crushed my favorite hand!" Robotnik comments

"Apparently, my hand is uninjured." Knuckles responds. "But I am now convinced of yoru commitment."

"Oh goodie I exclaim while resetting my fingers." Robotnik comments, fixing his fingers. "I'm DELIGHTED to be on the same team."

Robotnik pushed a couple more buttons and from behind the masive egg ship came a smaller transport pod.

"Road trip!" Robotnik said as the pod lands next to them. "I'll let you stick your nose out the window."

Sonic and Miles had gone to Nora's place.

"Uhh....where are we?" Miles comments

"My garage." Nora responds. "Most open place that can be utilized for, well, anything in terms of rooms in my whole house."

"Okay, okay, focus." Sonic comments. "We need to figure out why Knuckles thinks i'm the key to finding the Emerald of Power, and why did he mention Longclaw?"