Shopping Trip

Q finally managed to fully unpack the last bit of their stuff on their 2 day of being in Musutafu because of procrastination. The boss didn't tell them when exactly they would be on the mission but they kind of figured that the run down apartment was enough to grasp that they were going to be staying for a few weeks minimum. They did their best to clean up the apartment but without any cleaning supplies they didn't get much done. The empty fridge must of been 15 years old and was slightly leaking onto the moldy white tiles that was all around the tiny apartment, though Q was thankful it was at least bigger and in way better shape than their old room. They jumped on their small mattress that was in was in the corner of the small room, which fortunately for Q seemed new enough where they didn't have to worry about bedbugs.

Q's stomach growled, reminding them of the empty fridge they kept forgetting to put food in because they didn't want to spend the weekly money they were given all on one trip and not be able to eat for the rest of the week. They still also wanted to get bedsheets for the bed so they didn't have to sleep directly on the mattress but had no clue how to manage money without the help of one of the adults. They put their shoes back on, grab their doll and locked the apartment as they left, hoping the shopping trip would go smoothly at the mall. They made a list just before leaving that had bandages, bedsheets, some bottles of water, some food and a couple of lollipops on it because they weren't allowed to have sweets that much under Mori's supervision.

They skipped out the apartment building ignoring the people sitting on the cracked concrete porch smoking something that Q was pretty sure wasn't a cigarette, though they had seen way worse since they were born and raised in Yokohama. Mori didn't put them in a nice apartment or neighbourhood, as if he was reminding them life wouldn't get much better even with the freedom they were temporary given that they wanted so badly. It was mid afternoon and was a very nice day outside that made Q glad they decided to go out today. Thankfully Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall was only a 35 minute walk away so it was a quick walk since they skipped the entire time to the mall. Q skipped into the mall and stopped to look all around, there was so many people with varied appearances and so many colours that almost hurt their eyes since they weren't used to seeing anything like this a lot.

They mainly saw kids with their families, couples of all ages and mainly teenagers who hung out in large and small groups depending on where they looked. Q seemed to be the only kid there that wasn't with an older sibling or an adult, they didn't care to much about that but more about an excuse if an adult questions them about why their alone on a Sunday afternoon. The mall was very crowded which made the ten year old nervous but a bit excited that the chances of somebody bumping into them and moving the razors in their arms was way higher than staying home alone.

The shopping trip was pretty uneventful need less to say but they got everything they needed, that disappointed them until they needed to throw out one of the many lollipops they just bought and saw two people sitting on the bench beside a trash can. One of them was a kid who looked to be in their 3rd year of junior high or a 1st year in secondary school, and the other person had a hood on so you couldn't see anything but their body. It took a second for Q to realize that the person with the hood on had their hand wrapped around the green haired kids neck very subtly, Q grinned and continued to walk over to the trash bin. The two people just noticed the kid that was happily walking near them to throw out some trash they needed to dispose of, Izuku started to get even more anxious not wanting an innocent child to realize the situation he was stuck in. Shigaraki just watched as the kid threw out the empty lollipop stick with an unnerving smile and studied the kid. They were younger than expected and had dual hair like Endeavour's kid but they had white and brown hair instead. They had blue sweater on with a yellow scarf that confused Shigaraki since the summer was coming shortly but couldn't judge them since he had a hoodie and jeans on, they also had beige shorts on with with socks that reached the kids shin with brown loafers on. A small hat sat on the side of the kids head with a red bag with some sort of red panda or fox design wrapped around their small body while carrying a very old, patched up doll that had bandages wrapped around its head and was crying what Shigaraki guessed was blood. The kid then turned so they were in front of the pair still smiling. "Hey mister, whatcha doing with that kid?" The kid was now smiling as if they knew the answer but was feigning innocence with their eyes narrowed.

Shigaraki chuckled quietly enough to not attract unwanted attention from the crowd surrounding them but audible enough for the kid in front of him to hear. Izuku didn't move not wanting to cause Shigaraki to 'misplace' his last unused finger but side-eyed the villain, Izuku on a verge of a panic attack when Shigaraki first sat down with him but now the kid was here, he was probably going to have an aneurysm with the amount of stress he was under. "Isn't he older than you though, why would you call him a kid?" Shigaraki was now grinning like an idiot finding this whole situation very very amusing. The kid giggles back but doesn't respond, answering rhetorical questions aren't anybodies strong suit, not surprisingly the kid just ignored the question. "Hey Mister." The kid giggles. "Do you wanna play with me?" The kid innocently asks as they tilt their head a little to the right while staring the older dude down.

1073 words