Deja Vu

so sorry about the late update i really need to stop doing this and making excuses but i worked all day and couldn't finish the rest the chapter yesterday, once again so so sorry.

side note im kinda losing inspo already bc it feels like im just going around in circles with the chapters so if the quality of these past chapters have gone down im sorry
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Giran realized way too late the type of person he was now dealing with. The kid standing in front of him appeared docile, but the way they were smiling, as if they could read right through him and his men. He had to fight off a grimace when the kid had the audacity to tell him of all people, to shut his subordinates with a careless happy grin and the doll in the kids hand now visible to make out features of it.

Now that Giran finally had a chance to fully look at the kid, they were very unnerving and odd. The doll that was crying blood but dressed up so cutely, the piercing stare of a star and circle yellow pupil, and the unwavering grin, when most kids would run and cry to their parents with just a glance at Giran's face.

The cigarettes that were being smoked were now put out, ready to actually talk, assuming the kid had real questions for them. There was a makeshift table, probably made by some teens for a hangout spot years ago. Giran and his men made their way to the chairs, while Q silently followed in suit deciding to sit beside Giran who sat at the head of the table. As everybody settled him their seats, Giran clears his throat.

"So, what are you here for exactly?" He questions as he leans back in an old office chair.

Q sighs dramatically and rolls their eyes as they let their head roll to a side tilt in a teasing manner."I'm here for fun obviously." They say while going deadpanned within seconds.

Giran grumbles something incoherent under his breath, clearly not liking the attitude of the ten year old that he hadn't prepared to meet with today. His usual smug, snobbish smile was now completely wiped from his face. Kids like this pissed him off quite a lot, and now Toga from the League of Villains may be the youngest he'd be willing to deal with from this point on. Even then, the entire league did pay him quite nicely for information, though every single member is a hassle to interact with.

"If you're here to waste my time, leave kid." Giran side eye-glares and makes movements that mocks him getting ready to get up and leave.

"You're so boring mister." Q whined while dragging out the 'R' once again. Giran noticed this little habit fairly quickly after only talking with the kid for a few minutes, since they seemed much more professional and serious while messaging. "Don't worry, I'm a paying customer with just a few questions!" Q giggled and pulled their wad of cash out. Chuuya had taught them that the best way of convincing people, is to show off the biggest bribe, and force them to take you seriously. Chuuya also did teach Q that knocking 'common sense' into somebody that wanted to screw you over.

Giran sat back down in his chair and seemed way more serious about the deal, but also intrigued about the situation he was in. The kid knew a lot more about business then they had let on with the whole innocent, carefree child act.

"I'd like profiles on the Pro Hero Eraserhead, as well as whosever involved with the League of Villains. More specifically, the quirks they have, and any background things you can dig up about them that could give an advantage." Q stated clearly, no teasing or giggling in their voice anymore.

"Unfortunately I'm unable to give you any information on the League of Villains, but I can give you information of Eraserhead, as well as his fellow associates." Giran responded back with the same tone that the kid had used with him.

Q scolded, "You won't get even half of this stack if you refuse to give me information on the league." Q didn't need the information about the league that much, but with the incidents that have been happening between UA and The League of Villains were something Mori instructed to look into. Q was bluffing, but they couldn't hand in a near empty report on a few Pro Heroes that they could find information on if they looked a bit farther into the web because that would mean no more missions for a long time, and Dazai would most likely take over with being on of the best people for getting information one way or another.

A concerned look flashed over Giran's face for a second, and was gone the next. He never likes to admit it, but being an underground information broker put a lot more than just food on the table and a roof over his head. "I'll give some information about whereabouts and quirks, but I've been unable to find any background information about any of them. Their boss is very precautious from what I hear." Giran sighs giving in to the childs demands.

The rest of the men that were sitting in the other chairs beside the pair all shared an alarmed look with each other, not believing that their boss of all people would give into to somebody, a child much less, without much of a fight. But to their dismay or concern, Giran did explain Eraserheads quirk, to much irony as well as other pro heroes he had been seen working with as well as past cases they all were involved in. With much hesitation, Giran also explained to Q the League of Villains quirks, but with much less detail than the heroes. He even showed what limited pictures there were of the underground heroes and villains, to which .

Q happily took the wad of cash and threw it up in the air like it was leaves on a nice autumn day. All the men glared at them since they'd have to be the ones picking all of the money off the disgustingly stained concrete floors. Q giggled at the expressions the guys were making at them and turned to Giran while getting up to leave.

"Thank you Mister Giran! I hope we can play together some time soon!" Q exclaimed while sticking their hand out to shake hands, to test what the old man what do.

The man just made a sour face in response to the kids action. "You most likely know of my quirk, yet you chose to still see my reaction?" Giran smiled condescendingly.

"I guess I'm just a bit curious to see if we would cancel each others quirks some how! Though we could just use them normally on each other if that doesn't work?" Q rhetorically questions themselves speaking to Giran but also nobody.

That made Giran curious of what type of quirk the kid had, because of the wording that was used that made it seem like it is also touch enabled. He let it go though, not wanting to upset the customer he was hoping would return the even more cash. "I wish you the best with everything kid, pleasure doing business with ya."

"Bye Mister! Be careful on the walk home." Q gave a lopsided grin with a teasing voice, and muffled giggles as the ten year old walked out of the warehouse. Q had to admit, they were finally getting used to everything but they now got tired very easily, maybe from being homesick somehow. The sound of shoes skipping over the sidewalk were loud compared to the quiet neighbourhood, as people have jobs and kids their age were in school and it was midweek. The neighbourhood was also mainly abandoned buildings that were forgotten years prior.

As Q was gleefully skipping with a basic list on information they got, somebody approached them from behind

"You're supposed to be in school right now, where are your parents?' Q was hit with deja vu with the same voice that was on the train just a week prior.

Authors Notes:

just to clear anything up, Q refers to their ability as a quirk since they are undercover, and only Yokohama has abilities.

also while i was writing this, remembered a dream i had about my english teacher finding this and making comments about everything i did wrong so that was super trippy lol but thank you so much for reading and sticking with the book!!