The Informant

surprise!! i know i said i was going to update it next week, but i felt bad and i also forgot to save the draft i had of this so, lesson learned and sorry this chapter got delayed even more cause i had to rewrite it :(

the end of the chapter had more notes for clarifying things or explaining them :)

also just to make clear, Dazai and Chuuya are 19 and both are still in the mafia, and Oda's still dead sorry D;
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Word had just gotten too Dazai from one of Koyo's subordinates, and he was not pleased to say the least. The devil child, other wise known as Kyuu had been allowed to go on a mission alone and unsupervised by Mori himself, with Chuuya checking in on them every few days to make reports about Kyuu's progress and plans. Dazai was pissed that Mori had let the devil child out of their locked room, without even letting Dazai know, and let them wander around a city they'd never been to without anybody to stop them. He was happy though that he wouldn't have to clean up any messes that Kyuu made, unless it was to a catastrophic degree, and he could watch Chuuya have to clean up the mess that Kyuu was bound to make sooner or later.

Dazai sighed as he played with the ice in the drink he was having in the bar he'd been spending almost daily in since he was 14. He wanted to speak up and imprison the devil reincarnation but any slip of the tongue that offended Mori to the slightest, and he'd probably be sharing the room with Kyuu. Mori didn't appreciate being told he was wrong and made sure everybody understood very quickly, even if they were the lowest rank within the mafia. Dazai had directly been taught, and even had to order it to happen sometimes, so people would understand the degree of how bad it is to oppose superiors in anyway.

He closed his eyes in defeated as the bartender came over to offer another drink, not realising that he'd already finished the once full glass of whiskey, the same one his old friend used to order every time the three two of them would drink together.  He didn't enjoy the drink to much but drank it as a thing of remembrance for Oda. 

Meanwhile in Musutafu, Kyuu itches their ear(1) as they were finally getting ready for their day.  They'd woke up later than they had excepted, but they didn't have anywhere they needed to be so they didn't care too much.  As spring turned into summer quicker and quicker, they decided it was time to ditch the darker tones so they didn't die of the oncoming heat since they still had to wear long sleeves to cover their arms.  Now, they wore a lilac beret with beads that replicated blueberries, with a yellow plaid skirt/shorts (please look up 0397 Kyuusaku Yumeno if you want to know what this outfit actually looks like cause i cant describe things im sorry T-T)  with white socks that only went to their ankles because of Japan's summer temperature, with purple loafers that were a few shades darker than the hat.  They had a long sleeve cape like top on with the actual cape part with the chest part being two layers, with a yellow under the lilac top with a white collar and two white ties that went just past their stomach with the same two blueberry beads on the collar.  (2)

They were excited to be able to wear brighter colours for a first time in a while, they were allowed accessories to be a lighter colour, but clothes were to be strictly neutrals or navy.  Mister Mori said it was to make everybody seem 'professional' and in uniform, and the only ones exempt were Miss Koyo, who let her subordinates dress in whatever colours as long as they were 'traditional', though Kyoka really only followed this or had some sort or professionalism to it like suits. 

Q finally got fully ready, and even dressed up their doll with the same outfit and hat, only in a darker shade of purple, the doll even had the matching beads.  They happily skipped out of the apartment, while locking the door and putting the key in a hidden pocket on them.  Mori wouldn't what they were wearing on a mission as long as they got things done.  Today, they were going to an information broker by the name of Giran, which Q knew was a code/nickname for Kagero Okuta.  Dazai had taught Q about getting information when Mori forced him to, and the best ways of getting it.  Q was pretty sure they could gather the information Mori needed but they also wanted to have fun while being allowed out.

They continued their skip to the meeting place that the two agreed one, an abandoned warehouse that underground groups tended to use and occupy for these types of meetings.  Q was curious to see how quirks worked since they had only been surrounded by ability users before, and because of that quirks seemed very strange to the ten year old.  Abilities had a lot of variations of the types that Q had encountered, but from what Q had researched quirks were even more of a mystery with some being extremely powerful and some being just as useful as somebody who is quirkless. 

The quirk that the man Q was meeting was allowing him to cause temporary amnesia by touching their head, making their memories of the previous and next five minutes become vague, which would be an issue if he did try to use his quirk against the ten year old whose short for their age.  Though touch activation was something Q could also use to their advantage if they got touched.(3)

After about an hour of walking because Q had yet to figure out trains in Musutafu because of how much technology was needed to buy and verify the ticket online, they had reached the warehouse that looked like it was about fall over with any strong wind gusts.  They walked into one of the side doors to try to be quieter but to Q's dismay, it was just as creaky as the main set of doors would've been.   A group of men turned to face the young kid, almost turning in shock of not excepting to see kid who looked 9, then the shock turned into scowls. 

"Hey kid, go run home you're trespassing." One of the younger men of the groups gruffly declared to Q who was skipping happily towards them then suddenly coming to a halt.  "What do you mean mister?" They innocently tilted their head playing dumb while swinging their arms behind them. 

"You should be in school right now kid, not intruding on private meeting in the middle of the day." The same man shot back at them.  Q stop smiling making an almost offended face towards the group of young to middle aged men.  Q raised the phone that Mori gave them for reports and phoning Elise, and showed the conversation over texts from the groups boss while frowning a bit. 

"Is this not the place we're meeting?" Q switched back to the innocent head tilt faster than Elise could insult Dazai.  The men warily eyed the ten year old wondering who in their right minds would send their kid to do their deals for them not realizing Q was the one messaging the groups boss.  A man from a distance that seemed like he was walking towards the group belly laughed at the response that the kid gave. 

"So, you were the one I was contacting this entire time?" 'Giran' asked with squinted eyes with curiosity seeping through them that was almost covered by his round glasses that reminded Q of Harry Potter, a book Chuuya read to them when they were younger.  He adjusted the cigarette he had with his mouth showing the gapping hole in the middle of the top set of teeth he had.  To Q, he seemed like a stereotypical villain you'd find in the Port Mafia with a cunning smile and wary eyes except he wore a suit, a colour that matched Q's doll.

"Yup!  Now if you don't mind shutting your men up now, I'd like to ask you some questions!" Q said with a smug grin on their face as they adjusted the doll in their arms.

Author Notes:

and thats it!! i worked like two hours on this because i forgot what i wrote previously and i take forever to write chapter lol

heres the explanations for anything that could confuse anybody ^^

1. It is said that when ones ear itches, it means that somebody is thinking or talking about you (the body part varies, ex. it could be nose or eyes twitching) and it the variations can be different depending on where you're from!

2. Im so sorry but i had such a hard time describing this one top so once again please search up 0397 Kyuusaku Yumeno for the outfit (just as a reminder that the socks only go up to their ankles and the cape thing that hangs behind them isnt there.

3. just in case people forgot or don't know,Q has a mind control ability that curses his targets or 'receivers' by ravaging their consciousness with hallucinations, causing them to attack everyone in sight with no regard on whom they might be; allies or foes, friends or enemies.[4] The 'receivers' are those that "hurt Q", by bumping into Q and causing the razor blades taped to their arms to cut into them. This curse is triggered by mutilating a doll that they carry, which is the source. A blotch in the shape of a hand print appears on the body of the cursed individual. After the doll is mutilated, it apparently regenerates. Thus far, the only way to stop Q's curse is with No Longer Human.