Birthday Special

Thank you all for understanding about the lack of updates for 2 weeks, heres a little special chapter as something extra for my birthday that was a few days ago I forgot to post lol! I will be posting another chapter but it will be posted later this week as I have to work a lot right now.

This morning was different.

Q wasn't entirely sure what made this morning different from all of the other ones but they knew something was most definitely off.

Firstly, Mori let Q sleep in their other room, the room they were only allowed to sleep in when they behaved good or they were very successful with a mission and Mori was pleased with the results.  Secondly, when they woke up everybody was bustling around trying to move furniture and put up some sort of decorations. Thirdly, everybody around them either pretended they didn't exist or the people running around would stop temporally to smile down at Q.

Most people in the Port Mafia chose to ignore the child for their own safety.  Q's behaviour was like a light switch with how fast they would switch throughout the day with their emotions.

The former bland, bleak room was now slightly more welcoming with a banner that read "Happy Birthday!" with each letter being separate and the different colours of the rainbow in the huge hall of light and dark in the centre building out of the five buildings the Port Mafia own.  A massive balloon garland was placed at the entrance of the area with even more colourful decorations in sight that didn't seem to fit the whole vibe of the building's colour schemes.  The tall stained glass windows helped illuminate the entire hall with a purple tint colour that made all of the decorations have a similar purple tint as well.

The Port Mafia wasn't designed to host parties or gatherings so most parties were held wherever was best for the amount of people in attendance.

Another thing that stood out to Q was that table with all kinds of foods. and a single large square cake in the centre of the clothed table.  Beside the large long table, was a pile of presents that Q had only ever seen in books or movies.

A confused expression was clearly visible to everyone standing around the puzzled child.  Nobody had mentioned anything about a gathering to them before so the sudden party was a surprise to seemingly only them.

Everybody else just kept on setting up the decorations as if it was nothing out of the ordinary and went on to pay Q no mind.

"What are you doing up so early Kyuu?" The pink haired woman questions.

Q whipped their body to face the older woman. "Miss Koyo! What are all these decorations for? Are you throwing a party?" Q asks back eagerly ignoring Koyo's question almost bouncing with excitement.

Koyo puts her hand on their shoulders to keep Q from literally bouncing off the walls. "Calm down.  Let's get you some breakfast first then you can ask questions." Koyo says while lightly pushing Q out of the room towards the nearest kitchen in the Mafias base.

"Huh?  I'm not hungry so tell me what the decorations are for." Q promptly stops sudden demanding to get answers out of the pink haired woman.

"No Kyuu, you'll know later but right now you have to go eat breakfast." Koyo tells the child once again.