𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝟎𝟕

Performance 07:
The Price for Cockiness
_______________________

It was a normal day in March. The weather started to warm up as it was the beginning of spring season, and a few people started their daily routine outside the house still with their warm clothes.

A young man can be seen walking on a brick path with both hands stuffed inside the pockets. A light blue scarf wrapped around his neck as he let out a misty breath, internally grumbling about the cold air as black sunglasses hanging lazily on his nose bridge.

His diamond-like blue eyes staring lazily at the building in front of him as he straightened his posture and stopped right in front of the gate.

A tall wooden gate greeted him. It's shaped smooth round like a torii gate with spruce door and a small tile roof with kanji carved on a piece of wood underneath it. A typical traditional styled Japanese house.

Sighing, he pushed the door open with ease, since it's unlocked per usual- or the landlord just knows whenever he will come to this place every so often. It's not a rare sight to see him visiting this place, or to be exact, it's a habit he has grown up with since three years ago. Not that he mind though.

He was greeted with a view of a small dirt path exposed to the sunlight with gravel on the left side and grass on the right side, unlit lantern placed on a brick stone spreading around outside the house that gave off a silent, misty atmosphere at night.

As he was coming closer to the house, he walked up the stairs after taking off his shoes. His bare foot stepping on the smooth wooden floor following the direction he's heading to- the side path into the backyard around the house.

On his right side is a small grassy area with a water fountain pouring from the carved stone into a pile of smooth rocks, and flowing down into the small pole where some fish swim around. A peaceful place to calm one's mind.

His steps eventually come to a halt after he finds someone he's been looking for.

[Hair Color] hair shines under the roof as sunlight kissing his front face, [Eye Color] eyes staring blankly into an empty space in front of him. He sat on the floor with legs touching the grass, arms extended on both sides with head slightly tilted down, until he noticed a familiar presence near him.

"Satoru-san" he addressing the other person, acknowledging his presence as the said guy coming closer.

Satoru plopped his body beside the boy and shoved a bag of sweets on him. "Here, I bought something" he said nonchalantly.

His eyes take the boy's appearance as he peeked at the so-called sweet he brings.

He wears a light gray yukata with stripped white pattern and three dots of hexagon, his relatively long hair tied behind his neck with a few untied hair framing his face. He glanced at the boy's left side- which is the opposite side since he's on his right -to find the usual geta sandal he owned.

"Classic.." he thought. His attention was once again brought to the young lad in front of him. Or to be exact, the bandage on his right cheek and a little cut on the corner of his lips.

He doesn't need an explanation for that. Aside from the fact that they're not related, it's not his business to pry into his life. Not that he doesn't know what happened in the first place though.

"What brings you here today? I'm sure that you have something more important than visiting this place. It's not like you have some business with father, do you?" the boy started, offering him a piece of mochi he had brought with before.

Satoru looked down at him and took the sweet flavored snack mindlessly. "Still with that routine, huh.. I won't be surprised if it's the three families- since doing that kind of hunt is not unusual inside the tradition -but, for a family that doesn't even have more than three people.."