Ladynoir (Fluff)

[Last fluff chapter before the lemon chapters.  Make sure you read chapters 1 through 3 for this one.  I think there may be a little bit of language in this, but not very much.  Be sure to comment any notes you'd like to give on my writing.  Enjoy!]

Marinette's POV:

    As I got home that night, I fell back on to my bed, my heart still beating fast from traveling across town so quickly and from Adrien's sweet words.  Ugh, Adrien, why must you be so charming?  He was so worried about me after the shouting match I had with Chloé, he even asked Ladybug to check on me.

    Wait a minute...Is that why Cat Noir was here?   Did Adrien talk to him, too?  What would Cat Noir be doing hanging around Adrien?   Unless, whoever Cat Noir is, he knows Adrien personally too.   "How are you keeping this up, Marinette?" Tikki whispered, tired from the amount of time I spent as Ladybug, "I know you're just as exhausted as I am."

    "Sorry, Tikki," I mumbled, "It's just too hard for me to stay away, especially when I'm actually confident enough to talk to Adrien." I stared at the ceiling, *sigh* Adrien.

    "What about tonight?" Tikki asked, "You almost broke down in front of him, and him in front of you."

    That had slipped my mind.  Adrien had actually confessed his love, not for me, but for Ladybug.  "I didn't tell him it was me," I sulked, more to myself than to Tikki, "But this time, I really wanted to.  More than I ever have."

****

    Another night watching over Paris as Ladybug, I swung from rooftop to rooftop, surveying over each city street.  It hit me that I wasn't too far from Adrien's house, but it wasn't one of our nights, I'd have to skip over it.  Maybe I could leave a note?  Just to let him know that I was in the neighborhood and that I was thinking of him.  I hoped that things wouldn't be too awkward after what had happened the night before, but I don't think they will be.  Adrien wanted me to stay with him, he just wanted our impromptu movie night to pick up where it had left off without worry of tarnishing our relationship- Friendship!  Our friendship.

    Leaping to another building, I saw a figure just a couple of roofs away.  Cat Noir was looking for me, Adrien's note would have to wait.  "I heard you've been on patrol without me," he said as I landed next to him.

    "I've heard the same rumor about you," I laughed, "Just what were you doing?"

    "I just stopped to help out a friend of mine," he explained while rubbing his neck, "I know I shouldn't have ignored my superhero duties, but sometimes, you have to focus all your attention on one problem at a time, y'know?"  So, Cat Noir has to be someone Adrien and I both know.  But how did I not see him at the park yesterday?  "What about you, bugaboo?" he teased, "What were you doing out here without your chaton?" he winked at me, a sly grin on his face.

    I rolled my eyes, "Pretty much the same," I tried not to laugh at him, "Someone close to me was feeling down, so I've dropped in on him a few times."

    "That your boyfriend?" he asked out of nowhere.

    "W-what!?" I couldn't help shouting, "No!  Just a good friend, that's all."  Cat Noir laughed under his breath, the smug little bastard.  "Well was that your girlfriend who you 'just stopped to help out?' "

    "Nope," he answered not bothered at all by my question, " 'Just a good friend, that's all.' " he mimicked my words.  "You know that you're the only person I would ever be interested in," he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

    I groaned and pulled away from him, but still wanted to know what his connection was to Adrien, if there is one, "So you haven't stopped by any other citizen's houses?" I asked, still feeling irritated.