14

Ace pov

Ace pov

We pulled up to a a forest. I shut off the car and opened my door. I saw jack looking confused but he got out. I started walking until we came to this old lake with a waterfall. I took a seat on one of the logs before taking a deep breath. I found this place awhile ago when it went out. This is only the second time I've been here, it's just so peaceful. Jack took a seat next to me looking around. It was just silent, not awkward or tension, peace and silence.

"Did you know" I asked breaking the silence. I looked twords him, he looked back at me and shook his head "no, I didn't" he said softly. He looked at me with so much pity. The feeling in my heart grew stronger Long with the burning in my throat. I felt my eyes getting watery so I looked towards the ground. Emotions are weakness.

"Ace if you want to cry feel free, Im not going to judge you" I felt the tears falling as soon as he said that. " I just wanted something to finally be mine, no lies , true love. I wanted family. " The tears were streaming. "Why do people lie jack I don't get it, did she mean any-" I count speak anymore. The burning in my throat was becoming unbearable. Arms rapped around me as my face met a chest. I cried so hard. I thought my heart would fall out my chest. I felt the headache coming. But the tears wouldn't stop.

Eventually the tears stopped and we just sat there. "Are you really leaving" he asked. I couldn't look over to him but I nodded my head. "I have to get out of that house, I won't move far thought I'll stay close so I can still see you guys"I said. It was getting dark and I knew we would have to leave soon, I sighed and stood up. I looked around one last time.

We started walking back to the car and went back home. We pulled up and I saw all the lights still on. I knew "parents" we're still awake and I didn't want to see them. I walked in behind jack. You had to walk past the living room to get to the stairs. As we walked to the stairs we saw everybody sitting in there looking stressed. I continued walking but I guess they heard the footsteps and looked back. I kept my head down. I made it to my room and saw ivy sleep with Alex next to her. I sighed and sat down taking off my shoes and shirt before grabbing some basketball shorts and a tanktop.

I changed before sitting back in the bed. I had a head ache. I put my head in my hands and closed my eyes. I felt hands on my back . I looked back to see ivy was awake. She had a concerned look on her face. I gave her a small smile but she don't return it. "Are you ok" that's the first time someone asked me that today. I felt the tears come back but I refuses to cry again. I nodded my head before speaking" yea I'm fine you can go back to sleep." I started to lay down and she laid on my chest before going to sleep. I didn't sleep that night.

Jack pov

Jack pov

As ace walked to get room I walked into the living room. Mom looked over to me and I shook my head. " If you knew you weren't her mom why wouldn't you tell her" I asked. I'll admit the tone it came out in was not the best. My father spoke up. " Watch the tone young man you don't know anything" I shook my head before looking at him like he was the stupidest person in the world. "I just watched my sibling cry her heart out to the point she could breath because of something you should have told her, she just told you she was moving out and you don't even care" I said. I looked over to Vincent and he was in his own world. Why was everyone acting like this was normal.

"That was something you should have sat her down and told her, if you did we would be having this problem right now" I said a little louder. My dad stood up and walked infront of me. " Ace did not NEED to know anything, you will not talk to me like we are equal. You live under my roof and you won't talk to me in that tone. If you don't agree with my parenting you can gladly move out along with ace. You are a child I'm the parent you have no authority. You will respect me in my house where I pay the bills." He yelled in my face.

I looked at home blankly "gladly" I said simply and then walked to the stairs. I will ask if I can go with ace in the morning. I will not live in this house with parents like these. It like since ace got here dad has just completely gone insane. Mom is just like a lost puppy following his every move right or wrong. Each day I see more and more of there really colors. If I have to leave this house to get peace I gladly will. I love my sister and I will not, not say anything when I see something wrong. I walked into my room and signed. This is madness but I'm not backing down.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey y'all. I know I haven't updated in awhile but, I'm working on a new book. I'll still be writing this book. I'm sorry that I have been slow on updating but I will try to do it more. I will not publish the next book until I have good first three chapters wrote. It's a urban book so all my urban readers I hope you check it out.

Don't be a silent reader. How do you feel about the book so far. 9 votes for the next chapter

Question of the day: top five songs at the moment