2

That day at breakfast wasn't a very pleasant one. While Bondita was serving breakfast to all, Anirudh and Kaka were having an eye to eye battle where Anirudh was reluctantly defeating again and again.

"Bondita...." Anirudh held her hand as she was passing to the other side. Trembling at his sudden call, Bondita halted her steps and raised her brows questioning, "What barrister babu?"

Barrister babu, this word boiled his blood.

Not giving the couple any conclave moment, Kaka pierced his gaze sharp on them, spine errect, ears all in. Before starting the convo, Anirudh looked up at Kaka with a dejected sigh and spoke, "So, Mrs.Barrister babu, Would like to visit your Sampoorna Didi today?"

Bondita sensed the acerbity in his voice.
Mrs. Barrister babu, the name was beautiful.

"Sampoorna? Why?" Kaka questioned even before Bondita could reply.

"To serve her...."

"Anirudh!"

"obviously to meet her kaka"

"Why all on a sudden?"

"Its weekend kaka. Moreover Bondita has not stepped out of home since last 1 month."

"Yes yes. How could she, did you gave her that time?"

'Oh really? And are you letting me do it, when I am actually free enough to spend sometime with her?" Illogical derision yet Anirudh was determined not to allege with his kaka today.

"I was busy kaka with the cases and law..."

Bondita segregated her hands from his as soon as he mentioned the word 'law'. No matter it was his job to do yet, working for implementing that law didn't go well with her.

She knew, what he did for her was for the best, yet what would she actually gain by breaking her own family? Can you burn your own home in order to lit up others house?

As soon as Bondita scoffed at his words, Anirudh glared at Bondita understanding her sudden change of emotions.

"I am working on widow marriage law Kaka..." He replied eying her, as if saying to kaka, but it was an clear cut explanation to her only.

"Child Marriage Annulment Law" wasn't getting fruitful since past 3 years and now he was tired of it. So instead he engaged to work on other laws, leaving that to other social reformers.

But somewhere the reasons were exactly not this. He was afraid of hurting Bondita. What if, him working on 'child marriage annulment law' ends up breaking their marriage? Her trust on him? Their cute bond?

He thought he was being selfish, yet couldn't refrain from doing so. He had one motto in life that was his "Bondita" even if it cost anything. He was ready. Even if people taunted him he was ready.

A sigh of deliverance left her mouth, when Bondita made her place on the chair beside him. In the meanwhile Kaka uttered, "Anirudh, again a new craze? Do you really think It is possible?"

"It is Kaka. Do you trust me Bondita?" Anirudh said.

"I do..." She said nothing more.

"Lets see. With whom your new craze begans with?" Kaka hit his crane on the ground and left for his room.

Anirudh turned back to a tensed Bondita and taking a morsel of food from his own plate,  stuffed in her mouth taking her by surprise.

"Patibabu....." She tried to talk but was shushed by him in the middle.

"Bondita do you believe that revolution starts from home itself?" She nodded at his words, carefully chewing the food.

" I know a women, who might help us.... Starting this new law"

"You know? Who?" She asked gulping down the food.

"You won't be angry on me promise?"

"Why would be I?"

"Please Bondita.... Do try to understand me ok?"

"I will..."

"Its... Its your... Its Sumati Ma Bondita..."

"Ma??" Bondita whispered, engulfed by an intense emotion. He wanted her mother to be married again?

"Bondita..." Anirudh was scared of the consequences. He stood up from the chair and kneeled beside Bondita holding her from her arms and said, "Bondita please don't get me wrong. I am not forcing anyone for anything. Its just I believe that Sumati ma deserves a better life. Her life should not be limited to that white piece of cloth rather it should be filled with all the colors exist on earth. Don't you think so Bondita?"

Bondita glanced back at Anirudh with teary eyes and replied, "Will she agree Patibabu?"

Anirudh's heart got back its heartbeat as Bondita broke the last string of fear from it. She was asking if her mother would agree for re marriage, that means she didn't have any problem with it.

"Bondita....." He cried out of joy and placing his head on her lap, hugged her snaking his arms around her tiny waist. This innocent touch of his on her bare waist gave her unwelcoming tingles yet coping with her inner self she slowly rummaged his hairs with her hands.

His manes, so silky, so black, as if a black inlet..

"Don't worry about that. We shall talk to Sumati ma today itself. I am pretty sure she would understand if you agree to this point...." He whispered in her lap.

"Shall we go today then?" She asked with elite.

"Sure!" He confirmed looking up fom her lap.

"Lets go and get ready...." And with that Anirudh stood up back with a red face while Bondita walked up the stairs for embellishing herself.

No sooner had she reached the top Anirudh yelled back, "Bondita wear red, thats a lucky color for me" Bondita blushed at his remark and nodded delightfully receiving a small wink from him.