12

"Ahhh Bondita...." He hissed, feeling slight pain on his knuckles that were swollen and red. Bondita quivered like a small baby sitting near his feet, and gently blew on his wound, making his toe curl in pleasure. He rummaged his manes with his other hand while sitting on his sea green couch, and watch her shedding tears in silence while applying the turmeric paste. She look so adorable that time. A perfect bride doll wrapped up in a soft plain pink cotton saree, so plain that no zamindar's daughter-in-law would wear in that era. A white blouse constrasting her milky skin and her pallu over her head from where her free tresses could be seen a little.

"Why do you always do this? You do enjoy troubling me all time?" She sobbed a little, her scrunched nose flaring in agony, turning it red due to rubbing it unceasingly. He smiled at her cuteness but it immediately fade away when she applied pressure on his fresh flesh with her fingers. "Ouch...that hurts" he whispered.

Her eyes glared him for an ounce of moment before looking over his lesion anew. "Don't give that execrable smile of yours. Or you better get this punishment again" she warned and his inner tickled him to laugh. His little child bride was threatening him to punish? Not bad. "Haww!" She saw him pouting dramatically again and mentally faceplamed. Was he going to be this childish always? When would he really grow up senses? When would he understand, how she feels as a wife, when he gets hurt!

"You don't like me smiling?" He said in an under note voice, his eyes gleaming with playfulness. "Barrister babu..." She glared whilst he groaned at her offending entitlement. "You know I meant your wicked smile, you were giving me as a token of bribe. But this time nothing is gonna persuade me, set that well in your head!" She expressed her affliction and applied another layer of turmeric over the dry one.

"So you think, I bribe you with my smile?" He smiled. "As if you don't know!" It was a whisper as she felt her cheeks warming up, contrasting to the orange candle on the corner of the self glimmering nonchalantly. "I didn't but I surely do now.." She wasn't sure how softly he uttered those words. Unless she had her ears on him with undivided attention, she might have missed his line. He gently kept his free hand on her wrist that was kept on his other hand while working. Her insides churned up at the mere touch but refrained herself to melt, at least not now. This was not going to be that easy. He need to know, she wasn't on a frolicsome mood today!

He meticulously observed the cold creeps on her epidermis and what amazed him was her neutral eyes that were still glistening owing to his scrape on his knuckles. He tugged at her hand lightly but she didn't looked up in his eyes. It was scary for him, her even slightest rejection to face him petrifies him unlike anything. "Bondita..." He husked but she was still on her own posed. "Look at me..." He apprised softly, his voice was honey laced. She didn't want to but his voice was something that always possessed her, made her do all that things she didn't want to do in conscience. And this time she did. Her deep black dewy eyes met his faint ones.

"My wounds are not as big as the droplets of pearls you are shedding..." He comforted her, wiping the teardrops from her flabby cheeks. She decorously got a hold on his hand and segregated it from herself, embarrassing him. And without giving him another moment to question she started, "How much long will this all take patibabu?" He could sense fear in her voice, trembling her insides. But what could he do? He himself was uncertain where he can find the repose.

"Ohh Bondita..." He sounded as if he was oblivious of what she asked "This scratch won't take much time to heal. I will be fine soon and then tickle you with this very hand!" He grinned showing her his fine teeth. "Patibabu!" She glared "you know I am not talking about your wound!"

"Bondita you are not concerned about my wound, right now?" He pouted. "Of course I am!" She exclaimed "what made you feel so that I couldn't care less about it! No doubt I am much more hurt that you are!" He knew it well. There was none other in the world but she who was crying incessantly on this small wound of his. His heart fluttering with gladness. "But patibabu stop playing with your words for god sake right now. And answer me what I asked... Your barristry won't work infront of your future barrister wife." She purblindly placed the small ceramic bowl of turmeric paste on the centre table and placed her both hands on his kness, looking at him with hopeful eyes, waiting for an answer whereas he himself was pessimistic. Hopeless...