6

Taking a gentle bid from Sampoorna, Anirudh & Bondita had left for Krishnagar to meet Sumati. Anirudh behaved neutral infront of Bondita as if he never heard the conversion both sisters were having. Bondita too didn't bring out the topic thus the journey to krishnagar was a tranquil one.

On the road, Bondita had offered Anirudh to leave for RC haveli instead of Krishnanagar but Anirudh didn't bulged from his decision. He told her it has been long they met Sumati Ma, moreover skipping school one day won't do much harm. Saying nothing more infront her husband, Bondita meekly nodded, although happy inside. It was really about 4 months she met her last.

But they regretted the decision.

They had to return back home unexpectedly as Sumati Ma was out on thirth and will be back after few days. Thus chuckling at each others gloomy face, walked back through that deserted road again.

"What had you thought and what came out....." Anirudh sighed glancing towards their haveli as they reached home.

"Yes.... I thought to spend the whole night by gossiping with Ma keeping me head on her lap...." Bondita sadly chuckled.

"So do I....." Anirudh added. "This what destiny is."

"I wish we could go against destiny sometimes"

"Going against destiny will make you a sinner..."

"Why?"

"Cause thats what our creator have decided and its He who knows what is good for us."

"But what if I willingly want to a sinner?"

"You want to be a sinner?"

"Somtimes I would want."

Who knows perhaps she really might become one?

**********

Sun rose up the following day,  hewing the sky in bright shade of rubies as its mellow lights kissed the vast greensward.

"Boudi........" It was the little zamindar early morning indulged in a mini marathon, running down the stairs calling out for his sister in law.

"What happened Batuk?" Bondita sprinted out of the kitchen, panting heavily for breath while wiping her wheat dusted hand with the end of her pallu.

"Boudi please help me out..." Batuk whined & almost jumped over her, hugging her decorously by neck from side.

"Arey! Stop your childishness Batuk and tell what is it?" Bondita said wriggling under his grip. Batuk was a 17 year tall handsome man with great masculinity, so as he engulfed in a hug, the poor Bondita felt as if she got trapped within a dark cave.

Anirudh who was sitting on the table with a English newspaper at his hand, peeped his eyes over it & snickered seeing his little brother and wife involving in a sweet banter. It was almost their daily routine. One would forget something and the other would chastise for it.

"Batuk...." She chided him lowly as he left her and stood infront of her with a cheeky smile. Bondita eyed him , nevertheless he puppied his eyes back.

"Can you say it now? I have so many works to do...!"

"Boudi I need your help! You remember after 1 month we are going to have a annual function at school? I am supposed to participate in it! But...."

"But?"

"I messed up things...."

"How and why?"

"The teacher who was going to teach me guitar, I unintentionally bullied him at school, a few days ago! And now he is refraining to teach me! Please help me out!"

Anirudh scoffed and stood up from sit angrily while Bondita started hitting him on his shoulder "Batuk! You bullied the teacher?? From which soil you are made off?! This is for what you go to school? To bully the teachers? seriously? "

Batuk lowly replied hanging his head down in shame, "I am sorry boudi! Actually it was really I. I got involved with a wrong group and they wanted to prank with the teacher but it unexpectedly lead to this cesspool. Please boudi! I really want to participate in the function and if I don't know how to play guitar how shall I attend it?"

Anirudh fumed at Batuk's word and stood beside a sighing Bondita saying "I am not going to show any clemency in this matter. You are old enough right? To do things at your own will? Then fine go.... Help your self out. And if you cannot then let it be your punishment by not attending the program. Got it?"

"Sorry dada....."

"Say that your teacher & not me....!" He sternly said and looking back at Bondita added, "Dare you help this spoil brat." Bondita quivered at his retort and nodded meekly as she saw him walking towards study muttering curse under his breath.

"You are really stupid Batuk! Patibabu is right! I am not going to help you in this case...." Bondita nodded her head in incredulity and started to leave from there when she heard Batuk sobbing, "I am really sorry boudi. I promise I will never ever behave like this again in future. But for the very last time, help me finding a way!"

"What am I supposed to do Batuk? You know I never go against Patibabu...."

"Please its my request. Its important..."

"Wait a minute. Why is it that important?" Bondita narrowed her eyes, suspiciously glaring at him.

"Cause I was supposed to attend the function with her...." Batuk's cheeks turned cherry red at he spoke.

"Her? Who?"

"Vashma Ali Khan....." Batuk whispered so that no one hears them especially his fitoori dad.

"Vashma....?"

"Yes..."

"Isn't she Zaffar Ali Khan Sir's daughter who got admitted in your class this year?"

"She is....."

"You want to participate just for her?"

"With her too...."

"Why?" Bondita mischievously chortled.

"Boudi....." Batuk whined , his voice "as if you don't know....."

"Do I?"

"Arrghh... I like her."

"I understand but I cannot help...."

"Boudi please.... You are not getting. You yourself are in love with that crazy brother of mine! Don't you get my condition? How would you feel to play guitar for your beloved when she sings for you?" Batuk said dreamily.

"She will sing for the audience I guess...." Bondita bite her tongue.

"Such a tease you are! Ridiculous!"

"What did you say???"

"Please boudi please!!! Help me out! Find a music teacher for me so that I can learn guitar! Please I beg you! Assuage the things and mollify dada please...."

"Ahhhh.... I will seee.... Find out a new music teacher......."

Will this new music teacher become a blow on Anidita's life?