Chapter 4 - Thick Headed

After finally repairing the vaporator she had been working on for almost two days, Melora moved on to do some maintenance on one of the other machines. Her afternoon consisted of listening to the bounty hunters' grunts and failings, which didn't really boost her faith in the guy.
But after a while, she got tired of working and decided to watch this random helmet guy fall on his ass. It turned out to be pretty good entertainment.

She stood next to Kuiil, leaning on the fence that surrounds the blurrgs enclosure. The bounty hunter fell yet again, and the woman couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

"You weren't any better the first time you tried riding a blurrg" Kuiil deadpanned as he looked up at her. She staggered for a second, not expecting him to be so sassy, but then collected herself before she chuckled and said;

"Yeah, You're right" she smiled at him. "But I'm also not a professional bounty hunter" He slightly smiled at that and softly nodded in response.

The bounty hunter fell again, this time, he landed pretty harshly on his back almost knocking off his shiny beskar helmet.

"Perhaps if you removed your helmet" Kuiil shouted over to the man who was still on the ground.

"Perhaps he remembers I tried to roast him" Counterd the man as he slowly sat upright.

"That's a female. The males are all eaten during mating" Kuiil responded as a matter of fact back to the bounty hunter as Melora continued to enjoy the entertainment. He signed, and slowly rose to his feet again, going to attempt another time.

He jumped up on the blurrg, and for a brief moment, it looked as if he might tame it. But then all that hope was lost and he was flung to the ground yet again. Kuiil started scratching his forehead in disappointment as Melora began to feel a little bad for the guy.
He stood up again, tired and a bit pissed off, rushing over to the fence where the other two were standing.

"I don't have time for this" He gritted his teeth as he started going on about hiring some Landspeeder or Speeder Bike from them, trying to come up with some other solution.

"You are a Mandalorian!" Kuiil said desperately, silently pleading to the man. Melora didn't know what it meant to be a Mandalorian, she had only ever heard of them in passing. She noticed however that it meant something to the man, as it caused him to pause.

"Your ancestors rode the great Mythosaurs" Kuiil continued "Surely you can ride this young foal" He gestured to the blurrg to show the Mandalorian that it was nothing compared to the great ancient beast. The Mandalorian looked away from Kuiil down to his feet, assessing the situation.

"Try being a bit more gentle," Melora said to the Mandaloran with a reassuring smile, deciding to help him out a little. "They might look rough and angry, but really, they're just really anxious creatures" He looked at the woman, his head tilting slightly in thought. He didn't know what to make of her. She didn't look like she belonged here on an almost barren outer-rim planet, working on a moisture farm with a Ugnaught.

But after a few moments of though, the Mandalorian walked over to the blurrg again. This time he did as she had told him, and calmly approached the blurrg and got it to relax. Melora didn't believe her eyes, she thought he was too thick headed and proud to listen to her advice. But as he continued to get the huge beast to calm down, he was finally able to mount it with ease. At the bounty hunter's success, Melora looked down smiling at Kuiil as she saw the content look on the Ugnaughts face, which truly is a rare occurrence.
Now Kuiil and the Mandalorian could finally make their way to the location of the bounty.

As Kuiil was saddling his blurrg, Melora was tasked with helping the Mandalorian saddle his blurrg since his relationship with the creature was still fresh and fragile. As she was gently securing the saddle, she looked over at the bounty hunter, seeing him sitting on a rock next to her examining his equipment. Leaning on his leg, rested a peculiar looking sniper rifle that Melora had never seen before.

"What kind of rifle is that?" She asked as she stopped what she was doing and turned around to face the bounty hunter.

"It's an Amban sniper rifle" He answered looking up at her. She couldn't recall ever hearing of such a weapon before, further peaking her interest.

"Huh, I've never seen one before," She said as she leaned in a bit closer to get a better look. Like most rifles, it had a long barrel with a brown stock. But what really caught her attention was the fork shaped Electro-Bayonet at the tip of it, she remembers has the ability to literally disintegrate any organic matter it comes into contact with.

"This thing is pretty powerful" She concluded to herself, as she leaned back again.

"Yeah" He said simply, catching her off guard as she had forgotten he was there. The Mandalorian picks up the rifle before he swings it over his shoulder and stands up, all in one swift motion.
He looked at her again, trying to figure her out. His efforts did not result in anything other than make the woman he was looking at feel a bit awkward, as he was just standing there assessing her.
They were standing rather close, closer than they had been before. The bounty hunter hadn't noticed though, too preoccupied studying the woman's face to notice the tension growing between them. He only realized when the woman moved, turning her body and face towards the beast.

"Your blurrg is almost ready" Melora said, trying to break the tension. She fiddled with the saddle until it was secured, trying to focus on what her fingers were doing, and not on the armor clad man standing next to her. When she was done, she moved away from the blurrg to give him space to mount it

"Thank you" He said calmly, as he grabbed the reins.

"Oh, no problem. They're pretty easy to put on" She smiled softly at the man as she patted the blurrg.

"For before as well" He nodded over to the blurrg enclosure.

"Well," She chuckled. "It looked like you needed it"
Melora couldn't see it, but behind the beskar helmet, the Mandalorian had a small smile tugging at his lips. But he decided to simply nod at her before mounting the blurrg.
He looked down at her again, as she watched Kuiil get on his blurrg, he realized that a lot of questions surrounding the woman were starting to form in his head and he didn't yet know if that was a good or bad thing.

"Good luck with the bounty" She said to the man after Kuiil was sitting on his blurrg. The Mandalorian gave her another small nod in thanks, and on Kuiils command, Melora watched the two of them ride away towards the bounty.

~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading another chapter, hope you liked it!
If you did, you could press the star, it makes me feel a lot better than Mando does trying to ride a blurrg :)