Chapter 14 - Brotherly Love

A/N: Dedicated to xXxRockStarrxXx for finding that super sexy picture of Eris for us on the side! Thanks again :) I guess the picture looks like both the twins, but I imagine that it's Eris.

 Enjoy the chapter, thanks for reading!

Enyo was sleeping in the hospital wing of the evil lair. He’d been sleeping for almost a week, ever since he had some sort of painful fit in the cafeteria. He and Thanatos were in line getting lunch when all of a sudden Enyo started gasping for breath. He dropped his tray of salad and fell to his knees, while he clutched at his throat. All the other villains in line stared inanely at Enyo as if this sort of thing happened often. Thanatos was the only one who took it seriously.

“What’s wrong? What happened?!” He asked stupidly, as Enyo continued to gasp for breath.

The little villain’s eyes became shot with blood and he whimpered as a vision of Eris flashed before his eyes. He saw his brother losing energy; incapable of sublimating. “My brother…,” Eris croaked out unable to finish his sentence.

“You’re choking?!” Thanatos asked. He immediately stood up, positioned himself behind Enyo, wrapped his arms around the villain, and began squishing his diaphragm with all his super strength. This only made matters worse. Enyo started heaving and gagging as his ribs strained against the Death God’s hands. The little villain began scratching at Thanatos’ wrists and choking out obscenities.

Then the click-clack of Hypnos’ heels sounded towards the two men in the strange position. “Thanatos! Drop Enyo right now,” she ordered. The authority drenched in her voice made the villain obey without question. He let go of Enyo, and the little villain pitched forward onto the stone floor.

Hypnos bent down beside Enyo and helped him sit up. “Breath, Enyo. What’s wrong?” Enyo blinked his purple eyes at the Night Goddess, as he hugged his knees to his chest and began to slowly rock. Hot tears brimmed around his eyes, and the Goddess knew that something was seriously wrong. “It’s Eris, isn’t it?” She asked.

Enyo nodded just as a bombardment of pain shot through the villain’s nervous system. His body went ridged and he fell back onto the ground. Arching his back, the little villain screamed a scream so intense that it rebounded around the cafeteria, and made people’s eardrums vibrate painfully. It was a tortured, rattling scream. The type of scream a dying man generates. The type of scream that sends goosebumps crawling up your spine. It was a death scream.

Enyo was floating above the scene of his brother’s death. It didn’t surprise him because the daughters of darkness warned the villain that this would happen. But the warning didn’t make it any less painful. It felt as if someone was tearing away his skin, leaving a pathetic flayed creature in his place.

Hypnos and Thanatos watched the villain twitch and tremble as new courses of pain shot through him. Enyo’s eyes flew open and he grasped as his throat and shouted his brother’s name before sinking into unconsciousness. No one knew what to do with Enyo. He passed out cold and wouldn’t wake up.

Thanatos picked him up and carried him out of the hospital wing, while Hypnos cursed under her breath. “That damned Eris. He hasn’t been back to the evil lair in so long. I knew they were fighting, but really? Now where the fuck is he? It’s his fault his brother is dying!” The Night Goddess’ continued screeching and rambling at Thanatos’ side as they walked to the hospital wing.

The Death God looked down at Enyo and felt helpless. The pain he saw in Enyo’s eyes was almost unbearable for him. He didn’t understand what could cause such anguish. He settled the villain into a cot in the hospital wing as the physicians asked questions neither Thanatos nor Hypnos could answer. Chiron, a centaur known for his knowledge in healing, galloped around the room, gathering the villain’s health records, while Paean, a recent convert to the villain’s side did some tests on Enyo.