Chapter 17: Prove it.

"Music oft hath such a charm/ To make bad good, and good provoke to harm." - William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Chapter 17: Prove it.

Enyo left Thanatos's room to get ready for their date. A euphoric fog clouded his mind from his recent feeding as he walked down the hallway. He was still angry at Eris, but he wasn't too worried. Eris had eternity to make it up to him. He arrived at his dorm room and was about to unlock the door, when he heard the hinges creak on the other side before the door suddenly loosened from the wall completely before exploding outwards. He just had time to dodge the heavy, wooden door by jumping away and falling to the ground. The door hit the opposite wall across the hallway and then thudded to the ground.

"What the fuck, Eris? Haven't you tried to kill me enough times in one day?" he whined. But as soon as the words left his mouth he became very aware that the broken door wasn't Eris's doing, as he saw a few black wisps of fog seeping from his room. The fog instantly got thicker the longer he stared. It seemed to beckon him closer. It reminded him of the Daughters of Darkness and his father and mother.

"Oh no. I refuse to enter that room. I much prefer these stone floors to my comfy bed thank-you."

"You always were such a coward, Enyo." His father stood in the doorway behind a thin layer of fog. Enyo could just make out his silhouette and the shininess of his gelled, navy blue hair. "Always hiding behind your brother. Never taking risks. Always so careful." He said the word as if it were a bitter piece of fungus on the end of his tongue.

Enyo stood from the ground, and remained quiet. He knew that anything he said in his defense would irritate his father all the more. "Do you know why I'm here boy?" Moros asked.

Enyo feigned being in a deep thought before replying. "Oh, I don't know. Perhaps you're disappointed with my lack of villainous progress, and you've come to threaten me to do better before I embarrass you in the villainous community," he said a little too quickly.

Moros didn't look pleased or amused with his son's answer. His face remained passive. If it weren't for the glint of his black eyes, Enyo thought that he looked almost like a statue. "Your brother has made huge strides in the community according to Cronos. But when it comes down to it, both of you have little to show for on your police records. No felony or murder, or notable robberies or even a simple blackmail or kidnapping."

Enyo rolled his eyes. "Those just aren't really our style, Father."

Moros's cold, pasty hand shot out and grabbed Enyo's face. "Don't talk to me like that." His grip was so strong that Enyo's jaw began to ache. "You feed off misery, boy. What else could be more your style than a brutal, bloody murder?"

"I... I don't know," Enyo squeaked out. His father's grip was becoming particularly painful.

"Your spirit is younger than mine. You should be strong enough to fight me off," Moros said. Finally a smile graced his mouth, as he sensed the pain that he was causing. Enyo didn't point out that he thought it unwise to fight his own father. Especially, since he's easily angered by any degree of defiance. "Ah, I see now. You're the passive one. You probably lay down and take it when your brother's in the mood. Is that right?"

Enyo tensed. In one quick motion he jerked his face out of his father's iron grip, and then slammed the man against the stone wall of the hallway. "How dare you! Do not talk about us that way!"

Moros didn't appear surprised by this outburst. He continued to smile ever so slightly. "So I am right." Moros licked his lips. "I know what the Daughters of Darkness showed you the last time I visited. In fact I told them to show you that exact scene. I thought maybe your brother's fake death would inspire you two to try harder, but you are still a disappointment."