Chapter 7 - The Royal Bank of Villainy

The twins met Hypnos, Phobos, and Deimos at the front gates and proceeded to walk down the street towards the bank they were going to rob. The villains were all chatting excitedly, except Deimos, who just slunk behind them.

            “You’re sure this is illegal right?” Hypos asked.

            “Of course it’s illegal. We’re robbing a bank,” Enyo said.

            “But it’s a bank for villains. Isn’t that like robbing ourselves?” Phobos asked.

            “It’s all stolen money anyway, and I doubt just villains use it anymore,” Eris said. “I bet tons of people use it because they don’t think villains will rob their own bank.”

            “It’s the perfect plan!” Enyo shouted, skipping ahead of the group and doing an excited leap into the air.

            “We are geniuses!” Eris said, prancing ahead to follow his brother’s lead.

            “Evil geniuses!” Enyo cackled, throwing an arm around his brother’s shoulder. Hypnos and Phobos rolled their eyes at the pair but ran ahead to join them anyway while Deimos trailed behind.

            When they turned the corner they caught their first a glimpse of The Royal Bank of Villainy. It was a great looming structure of black stone, with multitudes of towering pillars holding up the pointed roof. The pillars were ornately carved and statues of sphinxes stood at the bottom of each one as if guarding the imposing structure. It would have looked quite ancient if not for the gigantic neon sign on the roof proclaiming it was open twenty-four hours a day.

            “So, everyone knows what they’re doing right?” Enyo asked the group.

            “I’m going to hypnotize the tellers at the front into a trance so you and Enyo can feed off them,” Hypnos said.

            “I’m going to scare the guards so that they don’t bother us,” Phobos said.

            “I’m going to distract the bystanders to prevent interference,” Deimos muttered.

            “And we’re going to steal the cash and set the place on fire!” Eris and Enyo cried in unison. Their eyes were lit up with a mischievous glint as they hopped up the stone steps to the bank.

            They pushed open the great oak doors and filed inside. Surprisingly, the place was fairly busy, crawling with humans, creatures, and villains of all shapes and sizes. There was a giant guarding a large vault at the far right side of the bank. He was tapping a great club on the ground and whistling out of a brick sized hole in his mouth where he was missing a tooth.

            Phobos took off in the direction of the giant as the rest of the villains walked to the least busy teller. She was a Lamia, a vampiric creature that only feeds from children. She was wearing a brown snake skin dress and was deep into an argument with an older villain about money laundering.

            After their conversation seemed to go on for longer than necessary Hypnos became impatient. She gripped the villain’s shoulder and pulled him backwards so she could stare into his eyes. As her pupils dilated she said, “You will shut up and leave right now.” The villain his closed his mouth, turned around swiftly, and walked out of the bank with jerky automatic movements.

            “Thank-you! That would have gone on forever. What can I do for you?” The bank teller asked. She flashed a wide smile at Hypnos, her needle like pressing into her full bottom lip.