back at school

Izuku wasn't well. Physically he had gotten away without major injury, but mentally it was beginning to surpass the worst it had ever been.

The week he came back, he tried to hide it. He did. He really tried.

But he wasn't fooling many people. He couldn't hide the days when he felt so upset and anxious he couldn't talk. He couldn't hide the days he physically couldn't bring himself to eat.

Especially from Todoroki.

Especially Todoroki.

Today was an especially rough day. Izuku was pushing himself. He wanted to hurt.

He was sparring with Todoroki, it must've been the hottest day of the year. Izuku knew he was the weakest one there, and that made him upset. Reality is, he wasn't the weakest one there, but that's what he told himself. That's what he believed.

Multiple people had passed out and thrown up that day. Including Denki, Mineta, Ururaka, and surprisingly Iida.

Aizawa was giving them frequent water breaks. Izuku didn't get water any of the times. He just kept pushing himself.

A few times Aizawa had to stop him and force him to hydrate himself. He could tell something was off with the boy.

When supervised one on one sparring came on, the class paired up. Todoroki and Deku chose to pair up.

When their turn came around, Izuku was so dizzy he couldn't see straight. He felt sick, but there was no way he was going to throw up in front of everyone.

He felt Todoroki punch him, but his vision was so unfocused and blurry that there were 3 Todoroki's in front of him and he didn't know which one was the real one.

he opted for the center one, but completely missed. He stumbled to the side a little bit, he groaned as Todoroki hit him again. He took a step forward and missed Todoroki again, "I can't see-" Izuku said as black started to crawl into his vision and he started to lose his footing.

Aizawa called off the match, Todoroki immediately rushed over and took his dizzy friend towards the bench, holding him up with a single arm.

Izuku sat down, Todoroki handed him his water. Izuku took it shakily, then brought it to his mouth. He let the water sit in his mouth, then forced himself to swallow.

He gagged almost immediately.

"Shit dude are you gonna throw up?" Todoroki asked shakily. Izuku covered his mouth and swallowed it back, "I just need to cool down. I'll be ok."

Todoroki looked over wearily, "are you sure?" Izuku nodded, "I'm so dizzy. How is it legal to be this hot outside???"

Todoroki cracked a grin, "let me take you inside." Izuku just nodded, letting Todoroki guide him inside. He hated himself for letting the heat get the best of him.

Aizawa brought everyone inside soon after, the heat was unbearable, a lot of people were feeling sick and dizzy. He had to remember they were just kids.

He felt embarrassed. Was he the reason everyone was coming inside?? He immediately shook away the thought, feeling it was too self centered. No one cared about him that much, he knew that.

After training they were released for lunch. Izuku wasn't hungry. He walked to the cafeteria with Todoroki.

"Are you going to eat?" he asked softly. Izuku shook his head, "I still feel a bit sick. I'll wait for you at the table." He said, intending to let Todoroki go buy his own lunch.

When Todoroki came back he had his own lunch plus a small bowl of plain ramen. Todoroki pushed it towards him, "your blood sugar is probably really low. Eating will help."