sleeping

That night Aizawa slept on the floor. He watched as Izuku did his checks before going to bed.

Check the window locks twice.
Check the curtains are closed perfectly twice.
Check the door lock 4 times
Check under the bed 4 times, for symmetry.

Then do another round checking everything once.

He started the whole process over when he checked his door lock and it didn't feel right. Aizawa watched him get extremely distressed as started his process over.

When he finished that he went to turn the lights off.

It didn't feel right the first time so he did it again. It felt good on the third time but 3 is an unlucky number, so he did it again.

On the fourth try he finally jumped into bed. Almost 45 minutes had passed.

"Goodnight, try and get some sleep." Aizawa said. Izuku nodded and laid down.

He stared at the ceiling for a while, then looked over to the window, and then the door, then back over to the window and then the door. He was itching to check them. What if they weren't locked?

He wanted to do his whole routine again. He needed to do it again.

He looked over to Aizawa and found him already asleep. He slipped out of bed and timidly opened the curtains.

He checked the latch on the window, then checked it again. He made sure it was secure, then he closed the curtains. Then he opened them, then he closed them.

Aizawa sat up slowly, "kid?"

Izuku jumped, nearly falling over.

"What's wrong? what are you doing?" He asked.

"Just- just checking the window again." He said awkwardly, glancing down at the bottom of his bed.

"Why do you do all this stuff?" Aizawa asked as Izuku stood there, glancing at the door and under his bed.

Izuku shrugged, he knew where it stemmed from, he just didn't know how it had grown so out of control. He felt out of control. He needed control. He needed to check the windows and the doors and under the bed.

"I have to." He answered simply, looking at the door.

Aizawa followed his eyes and then looked back at Izuku, he was tense, picking at his nails and wringing out his hands, "bud, I swear you're safe nothing is gonna happen."

"I know." Izuku said quietly, "I know I'm safe but I can't feel safe." His voice was shaking.

He walked over to the door and checked the lock, Aizawa didn't know how to help.

"When do you wanna start your meds? Those might help, I know the doctor said wait till you're more comfortable." Aizawa asked.

Izuku locked and relocked the door, Aizawa had turned the lights on.

"I guess whenever is okay." Izuku said after he was satisfied with the door.

He finally felt content. He climbed back into bed.

"We'll start tomorrow then ok? Are you ready to sleep?" Aizawa asked. Izuku nodded.

He slept for a while, a long while actually. Around 6 hours later he was still asleep, Aizawa was as well.

An hour later Aizawa woke up to a sound next to him, he sat up, beginning to process where he was. It was almost 7am.

Another strained noise came from the bed beside him. He stood up and saw Izuku, tangled in the covers, his face morphed into a pained expression. He was sweaty, his hair was soaked.