Chapter 2: Halloween Dance (Edited)

Jack P.O.V

Miguel and I were in the dojo pretty early today punching the dummy when sensei came in.

"Hey, you guys don't happen to have any friends who wanna learn karate do you? Aw, what am I saying? You don't have any friends. Sorry." Sensei said.

"Hey, sensei, when are we gonna do some kicking? I saw a YouTube video of a guy breaking boards, and it looked badass." I nodded, agreeing with what Miguel said.
"Yeah, no kidding. Kicking is badass. But you're not ready. Besides. If I don't get anymore students in here, I won't be able to teach you anything."

"You've thought about advertising, right?" I asked.
"Yeah... duh. Of course." Sensei lied.

I was sitting at a lunch table with Miguel, Demetri, and Eli when the counselor started talking.
"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

Everyone was looking and pointing towards Eli. I noticed he was nervous so I assured him. "Don't worry dude. I got your back." "Thank you." Eli said.

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe place for all students." The counselor continued.

"If you're getting sick of being bullied, our karate dojo's looking for recruits." Miguel whispered to Demetri and Eli. "Yeah, right. You hear that Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri said sarcastically.

"I'm serious Demetri. My sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get you both discounts." Miguel persuaded. "As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demetri said.

"One last thing. While we're all looking to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of 'sexy nurse,' maybe try 'gender-neutral hospital employee.'" The counselor finished.
"That is literally the stupidest thing I've ever heard." I said to myself.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hey sensei, you told us to be here at five, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but today's training's cancelled."

"What? Why?" Miguel asked.

"Cause I said so."

"Well, sensei, there's something Jack and I wanted to show you." Miguel said.

"Look, I'm really not in the mood right now." Sensei said.

"But we think you'll like it. It's a Cobra Kai webpage." I said.

"We made it in study hall. Click on the snake." Miguel said as Sensei moved the mouse and clicked on it as it hissed.

"Ok. This is the sign in page. We were thinking, maybe we can make an app were you track your progress, get a social media campaign going, get it out to the whole school. The possibilities are endless!" Miguel's phone went off as "Round and Round" by Ratt was his ringtone.

"That was my mom. I'll, uh, call her back later." Miguel said.

"Hey was that just-"

"Ratt? Awesome, right? I went online and looked up Guns N' Roses and ended up going on this whole '80s-rock rabbit hole. That shit is dope, so I hooked up Miguel." I said, cutting off sensei. Sensei was smiling after hearing the song. Probably from nostalgia or something.

"All right. Meet me at the school at midnight. Don't be late." Sensei said.
"W-What for?" Miguel asked.
"Wanna learn how to kick ass? First, you gotta learn how to kick." Sensei said.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It was midnight. Miguel, Sensei, and I just walked into the school.
"Sensei, what are we doing here at midnight?" Miguel asked.
"You sure we're supposed to be here?" I asked.