Chapter 7: The Party (1/3)

3rd Person P.O.V
Jack was sitting with Miguel and Demetri while they were doing a test, Demetri and Jack must've noticed that Miguel was distressed.
"What's wrong? The test is almost over." Demetri asked.

"It's just a practice test. Relax." Miguel responded.
"Easy for you to say. You have a girlfriend." Demetri replied.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Miguel asked.

"I gotta do well on these, so I do well on the actual test, so I get into a good college, which will lead to a good internship, then a high paying job, and then. After a couple promotions, I shoud have enough confidence to get a super hot girl. You got the karate thing. I gotta play the long game." Demetri explained.

"I think that's a little excessive." After Jack said that, the school bell rang. They all left the classroom and saw Sam at the doorway, problably waiting for Miguel.

"Hey." Sam said, giving Miguel a kiss.

"Um, Miguel, me and Demetri are gonna..." Jack trailed off, noticing that Miguel wasn't exactly looking "excited" to see his girlfriend.

"Yeah, yeah, ok." Miguel said. Then Jack and Demetri left.

"What's with the doom and gloom?" Sam asked, noticing his expression.

"Come on. I'm sure you did amazing, again." Sam said, thinking his expression was because of the test.

"Yeah, I was just a little... distracted." Miguel lied.

"What, Why?"

"The tournament. I don't have a lot of time to prepare, so..." He trailed off.

"Well, you had to have done better than me. Guy infront of me definetly did not shower. Made me completely forget how to calculate the volume of a sphere, but he definetly helped me remember the word 'malodorous'." Sam joked, but Miguel didn't find it very amusing.

"So, what'd you do last night?" Miguel questioned Sam.

"Uh, just a family dinner." Sam answered unconvincingly.

"I'd like to meet them sometime. I've never been to your house." Miguel said.

"Well, I've never been to your house either." Sam retaliated.

"Your more than welcome whenever you wanna come. My mom would love to meet you. Or I can come to your house, meet your mom, your dad." The atmosphere between the two quickly became akward.

"Um, tonight's just really not a good night, but we should totally hit up Ventura. Two shakes at Salt & Straw, on me?" Sam asked, trying to change the subject, with a hopeful smile.

"Yeah. Um... I should go train. Maybe another time." Miguel rejected.

"Um, Ok." Sam said, sounding defeated.

"But, I'll call you later." He said before walking away.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jack P.O.V

I was at the park with Miguel, Aisha, Demetri, and Hawk. Miguel had just finished telling us what happened.

"Come on, eat something. It'll make you feel better." Demetri insisted for Miguel to eat.

"I told you I'm not hungry, man." Miguel refused to eat.

"I still think you're over reacting." Demetri said.

"I'm not overreacting, dude. I know what I saw." Miguel said.

"Miguel, you're not overreacting, but I think you need to think things through, alright. Don't jump to any conclusions, or else things might end badly." I warned Miguel.