silly lapdog

{865 words}
{fluff with only a little angst}
{mentions of jealousy, homophobia, and child abuse}
{request made by Beverney}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeks went by, yet Stu could seemingly never get Billy's attention. Touching him casually when he spent the night, playing with his hair when they watched movies, flirting a little more than subtly.

He was pretty much sick of it. Why try to get to somebody if they clearly don't like you? It was obvious that Billy had caught onto his remarks and behavior, yet he didn't do anything about it besides let it happen.

So Stu quit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billy figured out something was up pretty soon. Usually when they were getting ready for bed during their "sleep-overs" Stu would hold him. This time he didn't. Not to mention, he was hanging out with Tatum and Randy on his own a lot more. And even worse, he was being handsy with them like he used to be with the brunette.

Jealousy filled his mind a couple days after Stu quit. Hanging out at the fountain, like they usually did when waiting for busses. The blonde had Tatum sitting in between his legs as he leaned back on the edge of the bench area.

Billy furrowed his eyebrows as he walked to sit next to Randy. He set his bag down and couldn't help but stare at Stu the whole time. Even when Randy started talking about scary movies, his favorite.

Sidney, sitting beside Randy, caught on. She got up and sat herself in between the two boys.
"Hey Billy, they're talking about gross movies, don't you like those?"

He was stuck in his thoughts before she spoke.
"Oh uh.. I don't really like em' anymore."
"That's not true and you know it. Didn't you and Stu just watch the Exorcist last weekend?"
"Yeah uh.. We were gonna watch Psycho on Frid- Tonight, but he looks caught up with his new girlfriend."

Sidney paused and cocked her head a bit.
"That's not his girlfriend..?"
An uncomfortable silence settled between the two.
"Hey, can I tell you something?"
Once given a nod, the girl leaned in to whisper something.

"He didn't want me to tell you this, but he likes you."
"Yeah, I know this. Why do you think I'm upset when she's all over him?"
Billy whispered back with a nastier tone, yet still being respectful.

Sidney moved back to where she was quietly after, when Stu spoke.
"Randy, Billy boy and I were gonna watch Psycho tonight! Do you wanna come with?"

Billy furrowed his eyebrows and huffed, inserting himself into the conversation.
"No, he doesn't want to come. That's our movie, remember?"
He looked at Stu with a glare, causing him to clear his throat and shoot him a sly smile.

"Jealous are we?"
"Nobody is jealous here besides you. Stop inviting Randy over to things he doesn't belong in."
"Randy, come to Billy's at around nine tonight. Don't be late."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And nine PM came soon enough. Both Stu and Randy were at Billy's door, plastic grocery bags of snacks, beer, and other movies for later filled their grip.

Billy opened the door hesitantly and brought them inside. Once they reached upstairs he sighed.
"Why did you pick my house? My dad is sleeping and if we get too loud, he'll literally kill me."
"Like he could take you."

Flirting came naturally in that moment, but he instead did it to Randy more often than not as they set things up.

Stu and Billy were much more affectionate than your normal pair of friends. Hell, when they were kids playing in the woods, they got home and curled up together like wolves. Now, in highschool, Billy had a reputation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stu brought an arm around Randy as Billy flicked on the movie. Stu took the place near the wall, and with Randy right next to him, it forced Billy off to the side. He stayed sitting up when the other two were able to slouch.

"Stu, you can't take the whole bed with your stupid boyfriend."
"Dude, I'm not gay."
Randy protested, even if he was enjoying the company just a bit.
"Why are you so concerned whether I have a date or not?"
"Cuz it's annoying."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More rude banter and complaining happened throughout the night. Billy was eventually left without words when Stu got more serious and confronted him.

"What is your fucking problem? Why are you being so petty over Randy being a friend of mine?"
"I know that you love me asshole, quit trying to make me jealous."
"It's working isn't it?"
"And?"

Randy cleared his throat and removed himself from the situation, departing Billy's house the second he got out his room.
"You made him leave, Billy. You idiot."
"I like you too fuckrag. Why else do you think I don't like you being so touchy?"
"Yeah? Then why don't you man up and kiss me?"

Billy paused, softening his behavior a bit, yet still being confident. He paused the movie and grew closer to Stu, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Fine then.."
Hesitation. But it didn't last for long when their lips finally made contact and both their faces lit up with blush. Giggling, Stu pulled away.

"You're such a softie for me."
"Shut it, lard ass."