Race ya to the top

Like I said we were on our way to practice, and there was this big tower like structure with things sticking out of it, and people trying reach the top, while trying to push others down to the bottom. Like Percy. Thalia's tree might keep all the other bad things out, and our homes safe, but not my brother's head, but as he fell to the bottom again, he still had a big smile on his face.

We decided that between the two of us, before this started, we were making it a race, kind of like when we went to go get the pearl at the top of the statue. This was all in good fun. Just some of us were more competitive than others, like my friend Clarisse. She's kind of like a different version of Annabeth, except it took her longer to come to terms that she liked me and to make me her friend. She's kind of a loner, all she ever thought about was practice.

And now that Clarisse had come to join us, Percy began trying to beat her up to the top. But he was nowhere as good at any of this stuff like the rest of us were. We've trained most of our lives for these things, we take camp really seriously. But we have fun doing it. At the bottom in the audience, Anna, Grover and Jack we're all cheering us on. They had decided they weren't participating, but I try to participate in everything that I can.

And while Percy and Clar were trying to knock the other down, Luke was right by my side, as we turned this into a playful competition, but we still didn't try to push the other off, and if either one of us got to the top, we'd still be proud of them, and then find away to get down.

And Percy was almost beating her, but one of the other students legs got caught on the road ladder, and Percy acted like the hero he was, and leaped down to help him. Like this is a survival of the fittest challenge, and I'm nice, but I'd never do what he just did. Where was anyone when I needed the help in the mortal world? Nowhere, I was on my own, I took care of myself. Not that anyone could help me, Percy had no idea about any of this, and Gabe had made our lives living hell.

Luke and I were the light to each other's dark worlds. And as we got to the top, we reached the top the same time as Clar did. It was 3 way tie, since, I'd gotten up there and pulled Luke up to the rim, so that we were all there at the same sec. Percy was able to help the other student out, but in the process he got knocked down himself, and Anna and Grover and Jack all ran after him.

Unfortunately Clarisse still managed to pull the ring out of the center before Luke or I could. The game was over, and we slid down the ropes to the bottom. Good game, that was a lot of fun, it was quite the rush. You bet. But Clar came over to give Percy grief, that she figured that our last and first quest was just beginners luck. But Anna stood up for us. That we saved Olympus, and that's more than she can say she's ever done.

Grover tried to cheer him up by listing his achievements, but either that was myself, or it was Clarisse who had done them. We'd only been on the one quest, and I was itching for some more, but my biggest priority has always been figure out a way to save Thalia. I'll be back.

I said switching into my flying shoes. Where are you going? Luke and Percy called after me. Don't worry about it I said kicking the shoes into gear. As I took off to the greenhouse. I'd been looking through different spells to try and bring Thalia back, and using it on her, by the tree. As I took my latest potion, and tried to use it on her tree, but there was no result like usual. And I went back to the greenhouse to try again.

What are you doin? Luke asked standing in the doorway. I all but almost dropped and shattered the stuff I was using. Luke I love you, but how many times have I told you not to do that? How did you get here so fast? I have my own flying shoes you know? *UG* Come 'ere  he said wrapping his arms around me. I'm trying to bring her back. I know you are, he said resting his chin on my head.

Nothing is working, I cried into chest, as he stroked my hair. Don't cry Jade, it's ok, I know you're trying your best, everyone knows that. But Luke it's not enough! I cry some more. Sh, sh. It's ok. I'm sure Thalia would appreciate how hard you're trying. I wouldn't know, I can't talk to her! I sobbed. Calm down honey. Farrah, if you don't calm down I will tickle you. Don't you dare! I growled playfully at him, as I pushed him away. Careful you're gonna knock into something.

IDK about you, but I'm gonna go for a swim in the lake. I'll come with you, I have some healing to get done. I can do that for you. You need water. I'm not gonna let you blood bend your powers to heal a small bruise. Ha-ha. I laugh sarcastically. I'm serious, he says pushing my hair back. I let out a small grunt, as he does. What's wrong?

One of those bar things hit me in the side of the head, no big deal. Farrah? It's not Luke, please don't worry about it. *sigh* come on let's go. We went to the lake. I heard Percy's voice. Complaining about something Clar said. Both: No you're not. He looked up hearing our voice and rolled his eyes. Of course you'd say that, you both were there with me.

Yeah, but I was the "villain" remember, everything I did was to protect Farrah, but your her brother and you were just doing the same thing. Farrah, you're hurt. I'm fine. I said blowing him off. Get over here. Percy placed, a hand on my head where the bruise was. I can do it myself, I tried to warn him. Just let me help you he whispered calmly. I flinched at his touch, but let him heal me anyways, even though I can do that naturally. Just forget what Clarisse and listen to your friends.