Chapter Eight: Temporary Arrangements

"Well, you're back early, and with a buddy to boot!" said Itto, addressing the pair entering his shared dorm.

"Something came up," responded Xiao as he walked through the door and was followed by a red-faced, puffy-cheeked Venti. "This is Venti, he used to be my old roommate but stuff came up, and then I had to find you. He has to stay here for the night because he lost the keys to his apartment."

Mustering up his usual happy-go-lucky attitude, Venti piped up, "Hello, I'm Venti and it's nice to meet you! I've heard many things about you from Xiao. Thank you for letting me stay in your room for the night!"

"Nice to meet you too, Venti! My name is Arataki "The One and Oni" Itto, but you can just call me Itto," the Oni exclaimed, puffing up his chest. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like, but please don't bring anything with beans in. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did our short friend here tell you about me?"

"I'm not short..." The Adeptus muttered under his breath.

"Well, mainly that while you were a bit annoying, you were fun to be around and-" A sneeze erupted from the bard, "And you always did your chores-" Another sneeze, "And... Wait, Xiao, is-" And another, "Is there a cat in here?"

Realization dawned on Xiao's face as he pointed to a sleeping black ball of fur, sleeping on a blanket at the foot of Itto's bed.

"Oh great..." Venti huffed out.

•••

The group relocated to the hallway outside the dorm to have a sneeze-free conversation about sleeping arrangements for the night and what they would do about Whiskers. It was decided that the cat and all of its necessities would be moved to the small closet located in the room. When this decision was made, however, Itto insisted that he would sleep in the cramped closet to "make sure Whiskers wouldn't get lonely in the night". He also insisted that the other two finish their classes for the day, to which they reluctantly obliged.

That night, all went as planned: Xiao stayed in his own bed; Venti slept in Itto's bed with freshly cleaned sheets; Itto attempted to sleep in the cramped closet; and Whiskers slumbered right next to the tired Oni the whole night.

<< Hey guys! How's it going? I had a pretty busy weekend, so I almost forgot about updating. Luckily, I remembered! Hope you guys enjoyed it! We're almost caught up to the AO3 version, so yay! See you guys on the 17th! >>