Chapter Eleven: New Meetings

Itto dropped the bags and body pillow he was holding to wave his hands in the air to signal his friend over. "Hey, Xiao! What're you doing here?" He shouted.

"Shit." The Yaksha said under his breath as he tried to look away and ignore his roommate. He picked up the poster he just bought and started speed walking away.

"Huh? Does he not hear me? I'll just shout louder then." Itto cleared his throat. "Xiaoooo! Xiaoooo-"

"Itto, just go up to him. We only have ten minutes till the panel." Sara said unamused. "Here, I'll pick up the body pillow and a few of the bags while you pick up the other bags. Let's head over to him."

Itto stopped his frantic hand waving for a minute to pick up his girlfriend's things, only to continue his loud shouting, "Xiao! Xiao, little buddy, it's me!"

Xiao continued his speed walking, but he eventually worked himself into a corner. He groaned in annoyance as he finally turned to face his pursuers. "Oh hi, Itto. I didn't see you there."

Itto and Sara stood there in front of Xiao, both of them panting from their effort to catch up with the Adeptus.

After catching his breath, the Oni responded, "You are surprisingly fast for a short person!"

Before Xiao could retort, Sara spoke up, "Itto, not everyone is a giant like you, especially considering those horns of yours. Perhaps you should be more considerate towards your roommate if you intend for him to stay the rest of the semester."

Itto's face flushed a little as he huffed out and muttered, "You're not exactly short yourself, ya know..."

Sara cleared her throat and gave a small bow, "Apologies for my partner's behavior; he has a nasty habit of annoying people. My name is Kujou Sara. You must be Xiao, Itto has talked a lot about you. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Ms. Sara. Itto has told me about you as well. I was quite surprised when he told me he had landed a girlfriend."

Sara chuckled. "He landed me? Hmm, Itto, is that right?"

Itto stuttered trying to respond.

Sara put him out of his misery by laughing again. "I'm actually the one who asked him out, but I'm sure he told you otherwise."

"Yep, Mr. 'Very Persuasive With Ladies' here acted with a certain bravado when he told me about you."

"While I'd love to continue this lovely conversation about my boyfriend, I have a panel with my favorite voice actors that I cannot afford to miss. You may accompany us if you like."

"Ah, of course. The panel about to start is with some voice actors from 'A Blade of Thunder' right? I'll be happy to join you."

The two started walking off with Itto following behind.

The rest of the day went off without a hitch. Sara went to her hotel for the night while Xiao and Itto returned to their dorm.

The two had just entered their room when Itto had said, "I'm not sure whether to be glad or scared you guys hit it off."

"Relax, I'm not interested. After all, I'm already in a relationship."

"Thank the archons! Wait what-"

<< Hey guys I'm SO sorry for the late update!! So much stuff has happened in the past week and a half and I've had barely any free time between volleyball games, concerts, school events, and studying for midterms! Regardless, I hope you enjoy the chapter, late as it may be! And guess what, we'll be all caught up with the AO3 version with the next update in a few days. See you guys later! >>