{ 02 }

The two ventured into the streets, leaving the club and entering the outside world where she said was filled with adventures. Both were still a bit buzzed as they went where their feet willed them to go.

A breeze blew softly as they walked through the park. It was still early in the night, maybe a little past ten o'clock. It was quiet, too, except for the chatter between the two.

"Tell me about yourself, Yoongi," she said. The girl swayed as she moved. Not in the sense that she looked drunk -- although she actually was -- but it looked as if she was dancing. As if there was a song playing that only she could hear.

Yoongi shrugged. "There isn't much to say." Once he learned she could speak and understand Korean pretty well he felt no need to speak in English. "I grew up in Daegu and moved here to Seoul a few years ago. My age--"

She stopped and faced him, making him stumble at her sudden action.

"That's not what I meant," she said. "I'm not interested in that. No, I want to know your story, not you're history. Something you don't normally tell people. Who is Min Yoongi?"

Her question made him think. He wasn't sure what to tell her. Leila noticed his hesitation and spoke again.

"I'll go first, I guess." She paused for a moment to think then went on to talk. "I was born and bred in the city where my parents are too attached to. I've always wanted to get out of there, and now that I've finished my degree I'm making the most of it."

She shrugged. "I don't know what I really want so I'm being forced to take over my parents' business when they need me to. I guess I'm just the kind to go with the flow. Go wherever fate leads me to," she said. "That's my story. What's yours?"

"I'm a rapper," he said, and she raised an eyebrow. He chuckled, hoping to get the words out. He has told his friends this but never someone he had just met. She was still a stranger but at the same time she didn't seem like it. "Music is what I want to do in life, even though my family doesn't support this decision."

A faint smile spread on her lips. "Seems like an interesting story you've got. How close are you to reaching that dream of yours?"

Yoongi shrugged. "I'm not too sure yet."

"Well, I'd like to hear something. I can't be sure that you'll make it if you aren't good," she teased.

"You want me to rap? Right now?"

She nodded. "Unless you can't freestyle. I mean, not a lot are good enough to make things up on the spot," she taunted.

He chuckled, accepting her challenge. Yoongi started spitting out some rhymes and Leila looked to be impressed. He wasn't sure, though.

He finished and looked to her for a comment. The girl paused for suspense before saying, "It was alright. You're good, I think."

"You think?" he scoffed.

She giggled. "I'm not into rap or hip-hop so I'm not sure how good that was exactly. It sounds like it's good, though."

"Aish. You don't even know how to judge properly," he muttered, bumping his shoulder to hers.

She did the same to him and thus started their game of pushing. Yoongi accidentally pushed a little too hard and she stumbled a bit. Getting revenge, she pushed him with a little more force then proceeded to run off.

"Yah!" he exclaimed before he chased after her, their laughter filling the quiet night.

He caught her, his arms wrapped around her waist. She giggled and turned around to face him.

"It's getting pretty late, don't you think?" she muttered. Her voice was soft but clear.

Yoongi let her go and nodded in response to her question.

She frowned. "Problem is, I don't think I know the way to my hotel," she said. "I don't think I'd feel comfortable riding a taxi cab at this time at night." Her words were quite suggestive but it sounded innocent as she said it.

"You can stay over at my place." He didn't know where the confidence to say that came from, nor why he even suggested it in the first place.

"You're alright with that?" she asked, eyebrows raised. "You'd trust a complete stranger in your home?"

He shrugged. "You don't seem like a stranger to me."

Yoongi couldn't sleep that night.

He had given her an old shirt of his for her to sleep in. Leila had suggested she sleep on the couch, but he insisted on letting her sleep in his bed while he gets the lumpy old couch. That wasn't why he couldn't sleep.

His mind was racing, inspiration filling his mind, and he stayed up all night composing. It wasn't even close to finished but he had gotten the beat down, or at least the start of it. He had been working on it until he had fallen asleep in front of the computer.

When he came to, it was the scent of pancakes that filled the air. Yoongi didn't know he even had ingredients to make them.

He walked to the kitchen to find her standing by the stove, dressed in his big old shirt, as she made breakfast. Leila hadn't noticed his arrival until he stood right beside her and made his presence known.

"You know how to make those?" he asked, causing the girl to jump a little.

"Don't sneak up on me!" she yelled, lightly hitting his arm.

"Sorry," he muttered sincerely and she smiled.

If there was a moment he could return to, it would be this moment. To see that twinkle in her eyes and the brightness of her smile.