{ 07 }

"Hyung, are you alright?" Jungkook's question was fair as the maknae truly was concerned about his hyung's state.

To Yoongi, the question was not good. It meant, despite his best efforts, his friends could still see how she had affected him so much. He didn't want to have them worried over him when he was moping over a girl.

Yoongi plastered the best grin he could muster onto his face. "I'm alright, Jungkook," he said. "Why? Do you think I don't look it?"

Jungkook shrugged, the frown on his face showing that he didn't believe it.

Yoongi knew he wasn't believable. He wanted to drop the act, but he couldn't. He just wanted to get her off of his mind. It was driving him to the edge. Every time he thought he was starting to forget, there was always something that made him remember.

"Yoongi hyung, who owns this?" It was Taehyung. He had just come out of Yoongi's room and was holding up a gray female's jacket.

The atmosphere in the room darkened and everyone could feel it. Seokjin spoke up, cutting the tension. "You're not supposed to be going through other people's things," he scolded the other boy. His eyes flickered in Yoongi's direction and he cleared his throat to sound more firm. "It's disrespectful and-"

"It was hers," Yoongi muttered, cutting off his hyung's sentence. "I found it in my closet earlier." He got up and walked up to Taehyung, taking the article of clothing.

Earlier that morning, as he was getting ready for a shower, he had picked up the jacket thinking it was his. His world had seemed to freeze when he realized who owned it. He wasn't even close to letting go, and this remembrance of her made it even more difficult for him to. Without another thought, he threw back into the closet with the hope that it would disappear in the pile of clothes. He hadn't counted on his friends coming over and having one of them snoop around his things and find it.

"I can take it off your hands and give it to my noona," Hoseok piped, bringing Yoongi out of his mesmerized state. Yoongi hadn't realized he had been staring at it. "Leila's not coming back, right, hyung? She won't miss it-" Hoseok realized that he should have been more careful with his words.

Yoongi ignored the awkward air surrounding the room and threw the jacket in his friend's direction. Hoseok was able to catch. "Do whatever you want with it."

It was quiet in the room as Yoongi moved back to his earlier spot beside Namjoon. No one knew how to break the tension anymore, but they knew they couldn't avoid it.

Finally, Jimin spoke up. "Hyung, tell us the truth," he said. "Are you really okay right now?"

And Yoongi finally let it all out. 

a/n: two updates in one day bc i had so much yoongi feels today and he has officially replaced kookie as my ultimate bias (still love the golden maknae tho) and i was so inspired today and i had time since classes were suspended today lol