{ 04 }

Jokes and stories that wouldn't be remembered were told as Yoongi and Leila sat in his living room, bottles of soju resting on the floor in between them.

Leila had been out and returned a little late, bringing the bottles of alcohol as a peace offering for making him worry. It wouldn't have mattered, though, because all Yoongi needed was to know she was okay.

He was worried that it was his fault that she seemed so distant lately. This behavior was what he noticed after that day his friends came over. While the three youngest thought she was okay, the others seemed to think she was no good. Yoongi had't mentioned their opinions to her, but maybe she sensed it. His discomfort when she came back that night must have shown clearly on his expression, or she had guessed the situation when he avoided talk of his friends.

But here they were, laughing and getting more drunk every minute. Yoongi was in the middle of sharing an anecdote when he hiccuped, sending Leila into another fit of giggles. He joined in, chuckling along. Had he been sober, he would have scowled and said it wasn't funny, but he wasn't sober and he found it amusing as well.

They calmed down, Yoongi's demo songs playing softly in the background. Suddenly, Leila looked up at him. She looked serious for someone who didn't seem like she could form a coherent thought due to the alcohol in her system.

"Why do you put up with me?"

The question startled him and got him thinking. He didn't know what she meant by that as he liked her company. He liked that she was around.

"Because I like you," he answered with a casual shrug.

She made a face that didn't express what Yoongi thought she would have felt. Instead of smiling and saying she liked him back, she asked, "Why do you like me?"

Why do you like me?

He thought it over and realized that he didn't know the answer to that. Why did he like her? While she wasn't what one would call a bad person, she wasn't exactly the best type of person. She came from a wealthy family and didn't seem the type to give to the poor, but she wasn't one to look down on them in disgust either. Yoongi tried to come up with a reason why, but there was nothing. He wasn't sure what it was, but it definitely wasn't her bright personality or just her looks. There was something more, but at the same time he came up with an empty list.

Leila let out a sarcastic chuckle when he gave no answer. "You don't like me," she muttered. "You think you do, but you really don't. I don't blame you."

He shook his head. "Don't say that. I do like you. I just can't explain why."

"Because I'm such a great person, is that it? You know that's not true."

He was surprised to hear her raise her voice. His lips curled down into a frown. He wanted to speak up but she continued with her hurtful words.

"Don't make excuses, Yoongi. You don't like me," she said. "You need to realize that."

"Why are you insisting that no one likes you?" he cut in.

"Because it's the truth!"

"It's not!" Before she could shout back a reply, his lips were on hers and the atmosphere changed all of a sudden.

Time seemed frozen for Yoongi when he realized he had caught her by surprise. Neither of them moved for a minute until Leila started kissing him back.

Maybe it was the alcohol that influence their actions, but in that moment he felt it was right.

They pulled apart, Yoongi looking away and hiding his face from her view. He was probably blushing and he didn't want her to see how flustered he really was.

Did he really do that? It seemed surreal that he had been the one to initiate the kiss. Actually, the kiss happening was hard for him to wrap his head around too. As he was gathering his thoughts, Leila stood up.

"I'm going to bed. Good night, Yoongi." She didn't even wait for a reply before she hurried off.

He heard the slamming of the door and he looked around the room. There were empty soju bottles and the throw pillows that were originally on the couch were strewn across the room. His songs were still playing in the background. Yoongi sighed, running his hands through his hair.

What just happened?