{ 03 }

It was only a day or two after their initial meeting that they saw each other again. She had just walked out of a bubble tea shop, drink in her hand and phone in another, when he passed by. She was busy on her phone and he hadn't noticed her until she walked straight at him.

After thay they met everyday, just talking and hanging out. Yoongi would show her around the places he knew, then somehow she would distract him and they wander off to somewhere new.

"I should remember these places," she had said at one stop. "I'll maybe come here again, if I decide to visit Korea again." It was her subtle way of saying that when she leaves, there wasn't any reason for her to return.

But as they both sat on the couch, the TV on and playing some variety show on mute as they played a round of 20 Questions, it didn't seem as if she was planning on leaving.

Yoongi was down to his last question. "I thought you only wanted my story," he said. "Why are you now asking what is my favorite color?"

Leila shrugged. "Because it's the little things that make your story unique."

Yoongi never really cared about the idea of having a roommate. With the guys always coming over, he didn't see the need for one. But there she was, sitting comfortably across from him as they played childish games.

The idea was his. When he asked her to stay at his place, he hadn't thought it over. The words had just spilled out of his mouth before he could think reasonably.

"How long would you be staying here in Seoul?" he had asked her. It had been a few days since they met, but somehow they had gotten quite close. She had shrugged and replied that she wasn't sure yet.

"It must be expensive, staying at a hotel for a long time," he mentioned. She nodded and agreed with him.

"How about you stay in my apartment. It would cost less for you," he had muttered. 

A chuckle had escaped her lips. "You're trying to seduce me, aren't you?"

Yoongi's cheeks had turned a tint of red as he stammered his protest. "I'm not," he said, avoiding eye contact.

His embarrassment had grown when she started laughing. "I was joking," she said. "But that seems like a good idea, though."

The next day, she had checked out of her hotel and brought her suitcase up to his apartment. Yoongi wanted to question how she trusted a stranger so much, but at the same time he didn't mind. 

Their game of 20 Questions ended and Leila got up. "I'm gonna go and take a shower," she muttered. "I'm planning on going out later."

Yoongi nodded and she went on her way. He turned up the volume of the TV, though his thoughts were occupied by the girl. It had only been a week but he was already so infatuated by her.

About thirty minutes later, Yoongi was startled by the sudden opening of his apartment door and arrival of his six friends.

"Hyung, are you busy today?" Taehyung called out. "Would you mind if we stayed here for a bit?"

"Not really," Yoongi answered as his friends made themselves comfortable inside. The guys were like his brothers and they often stayed over. He would probably be annoyed that they were always over at his place, but he didn't mind at all. Their company was alright, though sometimes he wished he could just take a nap in peace whenever they were around.

"Good, because we're staying here either way," Namjoon muttered.

Just as Yoongi opened his mouth to reply, Leila had come out of the bathroom.

"I didn't know your friends were coming over, Yoongi," Leila muttered. Aside from the surprise at seeing his friends, the girl didn't seem to be embarrassed at all. Yoongi lived alone and to have her come out of the bathroom after a shower would definitely leave his friends asking questions.

Instead of coming over to his side, she had walked into his room. Yoongi got up and headed for the room.

"Who is that, hyung?" Jungkook asked with an eyebrow raised.

Yoongi stopped in his tracks and faced the others, who looked at him with curious eyes. He breathed in. "She's my friend," he told them. There was some teasing and such, but Yoongi chose to ignore them as he continued on his way.

Leila had already put on her shoes when he came into the room. She looked up at him, looking unfazed.

"Were you planning on hanging out with your friends?" she asked as she stood up, straightening the nonexistent wrinkles on her clothes.

Yoongi shook his head. "No. They just come here whenever they want. I could send them out-"

"Don't. They're here now, so you guys should hang out," she cut in.

"What about you?" he asked, following her as she walked out of the room. They were now in the open, where his friends could see.

Leila shrugged. "There are still some places I wanna explore. I might be out for a while." She had already opened the door. "I'll see you later."

He had no time to respond before she was gone. Yoongi looked back at his friends, who stared at him with curiosity. A sigh escaped his lips and he headed over to them, thinking over the right way to explain himself.