Chapter 15: Dinner

Slyvia paced her room, biting her lip. She didn't know what to wear. It wasn't like Theo would really care, he had seen her looking like a hobo and still managed to compliment her and mention something sexy about her. Which is why she wanted to actually look nice. She wanted something that wouldn't scream to her parents that she was trying to arouse him, yet she didn't want to be so laid back that it gave off the impression she didn't care at all.

She hadn't received a note in months. She wondered if her hiding had managed to shift their attention to another house. Maybe they were trying to find her in a different town.

She shook her hair to give the curls volume, she hadn't curled her hair since they moved. She hoped it wasn't too much. She had asked her mom what kind of dinner this was going to be and she told her to dress nice.

What did nice mean? Suit and tie nice? Or simply nice?

She really needed to get out more.

She snuck downstairs in her robe, trying to see what her mom was wearing, maybe she could get an idea without seeming like she was trying too hard. Her father wasn't too happy to hear that her mom had invited them over to dinner but after her mother explained the situation he seemed to agree.

Pigs were definitely flying.

He hadn't even lectured her about Theo, and her mother had set her seat next to Theo's.

She saw her mother around the corner, cooking. She was wearing a dress.

Her mother rarely wore dresses, and it wasn't just any dress, it was a red dress.

Was she trying to impress them?

Her father came around the corner, kissing her mother's temple. He wore a blazer and a white button up.

So it was nice nice.

She wondered if Theo and Matthew knew that.

She ran back up to her bedroom when she heard her phone ding. She had finally turned it on and left it on. Her father seemed to be more relaxed about the idea of her and Theo, at least he didn't think they were romantic anymore, and little did he know how wrong he was.

I can't wait to see you ;)

You just saw me

You're a terrible flirt

I only flirt when I'm interested.

Ouch. That one hurt.

Sorry, maybe I can kiss and make it better?

I like the sound of that...

Shame I'm all kissed out

You tease me

It's my favorite hobby seeing you restless

You mean suffering from blue balls

Oh please, I bet you handle it fine all by yourself

It's not the same, you're not there moaning my name... I love that

"Sylvia, are you ready yet? I need help with dinner," her mother shouted, making Slyvia jump.

"One minute!" she yelled back, throwing her phone on the bed, hoping she wasn't too flushed.

She quickly found a sundress she hadn't worn in forever, it had been one of her favorites, the way it had a slit up her thigh, ruffles hiding it, until she took a step. The muted blue matched well with her dark hair, it hugged all the right places, but was flowy enough that it was comfortable, with a neckline that was just low enough it didn't scream slut, but was something of a tease to make all the right eyes turn to her.