Chapter 21: No Escape

It had only been a couple days. Slyvia didn't know what to do anymore, you never realize how much you spend time with someone and how much your life revolves around them until they're gone.

She didn't tell her parents anything, she didn't want to hear the 'I told you so' speech and how she should be focusing on herself in her younger years.

She had already written and deleted multiple apology texts and explained the whole situation. It didn't help that she had run into him today at the store, her first time being out since everything happened. She hadn't even wanted to get out but her parents were gone on a business trip and she needed stupid toilet paper. She just stood there, staring at him like a deer. He didn't even say anything as he walked the other direction, his face saying everything. He hated her.

The weather matched her mood, with a rare appearance of a thunderstorm. She missed them, she used to enjoy them at her old house. She sat on the couch watching soap operas, binging on all the junk food she thought would end up making her feel better, however everything was reminding her of Theo.

She sighed, standing up to grab some water when everything went dark.

Power outage.

She groaned and remembered her dad used to always turn off the main appliances when this happened.

She slowly walked back to the couch and felt for her phone until she found it and turned on the flashlight.
She walked to the utility closet and looked at the breaker. She felt her blood run cold.

Main service breaker was already off.

Someone turned it off.

Someone was in the house.

Not just anyone, but them.

Just as she realized she felt a hand on her mouth, yanking her to their body tightly, making her drop her phone.

"Did you miss me?" Alexander whispered.

She struggled against his grasp and felt him laugh against her ear.

"You thought you could get rid of me that easily?"

How is he here? How did he find her?

She threw her head back, feeling the contact of the back of her skull on his face. He dropped his grasp, not even yelling in pain, but grasping at his nose.
She quickly ran, she needed to get out, or something, anything.

She ran across the house, trying to find the door, a weapon, anything.

She grabbed a knife from the kitchen when she heard him calling for her, the lighting being the only occasional light in the house as he slowly approached her.

She hid beside the fridge, trying to slow her breathing.

"You can't run from me Sylvia."

She waited til he was close enough and then she attacked.

She was hoping she would stab him however he dodged and grabbed her arm.

"Really Sylvia?" he looked at her, pouting at her. "I was hoping for a better reunion."

"Go to hell!"

He wickedly smiled. "You'll be joining me, I won't go without you."

"You're sick!"

He squeezed her arm until she dropped the knife and punched her face. All she could hear was ringing in her ears and she already couldn't see but not it was worse.

He started to drag her when she finally blinked and stopped seeing spots, however she tasted blood.
She tried her tacktick again but he had learned and moved with her. She stomped on his foot and elbowed him as hard as she could, clawing at his arms.

"You're being a bad girl Sylvia, do you know what I do to bad girls?" he asked, not removing his grasp.
She felt him slam her into the wall and grabbed her jaw tightly, he yanked her head forward and slammed it back into the wall.

"It's because of him isn't it? Well I'll take care of that and then the only one who will love you will be me, and you'll have no choice but to love me back!" he shouted delusions as he slammed her head back into the wall, and she no longer saw anything.