~Newt~ Thomas Brodie-Sangster ~Falling

~Thomas Brodie-Sangster X Female Reader~

"Thomas, I'm a little nervous about this," I tell Thomas as they begin to attach the cables to my harnesses to be lifted up for the next scene. He smiles at me "you'll be fine love," he tells me taking my hand and pressing a soft kiss to it before I'm lifted up into mid-air. I wasn't letting it show but the fact of being up this high was terrifying to me, and as the scene came to a close they began lowering me before I felt it. I screamed when one of my cables snapped free "(Y/n)!" I hear Thomas shout as my hands fly to the cable. 

Thomas POV

"Stop lowering her!" I scream at the cable operator as I watch (Y/n) cling to the single cable. I feel so helpless while she clings to the cable, she was already so scared to go up there. "(Y/n) are you okay?" I call up to her seeing her definitely not okay with her eye closed harshly. "Yeah, doing the best!" she calls out sarcastically refusing to open her eyes to look down at me. "What the hell are you doing to get up there to her?!" I shout over at the safety crew trying to get up there to her. They stumble over their words "we're trying to be quick," the guy in front of me says and I look back up at her "That cable can't hold her by itself for long," I say looking back. 

"Thomas, you have to calm down a little," Dylan says putting his hand on my shoulder and I sigh before I look back at him "how would you feel if you were the one still up there?" I ask him. I then hear the worst sound fill my ears the sound of the last cable snapping and her scream piercing the air before she falls down onto the safety mat. I rush over cradling her form, "(Y/n) are you okay?" I ask pushing the hair out of her face as my eyes scan over her checking for injuries. 

She reaches down to her ankle and sucks in a sharp breath, "I think I sprained it," she says looking up at me with small tears in the corners of her eyes. "I'm so sorry (y/n), when we re-done the scene we'll check the cables better," the director says causing my eyes to narrow into a glare at him. "No, she's not going back up there, I will," I tell him. 

I rewrap (Y/n)'s ankle tenderly not wanting to hurt her anymore, but she still flinches slightly at the contact. "Thank you," she says meekly as I finish "of course my love," I tell her setting the gaze aside to sit next to her "I don't mean for the wrapping. I mean for taking my spot in the scene. I don't think I could go back up there, and honestly I don't think I'll be able to watch you in the scene," she tells me settling into my arms comfortably.

I kiss the top of her head "and you don't have to love. I never want you to have to do anything that you're not comfortable with," I tell her securing my arms tighter around her and giving her a hug. "I love you," she tells me making me smile "I love you too," I tell her kissing her.