~Gally~ Ego

Here we are in the council room, the keepers and Thomas. My boyfriend does nothing but glare at me and I don't shy away, you can't date the glade's, Captain Gally if you have no spine. "We found this inside a griever," Thomas tells Newt our acting leader and I look again at the device we pulled out of the griever in the maze. Going out into the Maze plays a huge part in why my boyfriend is glaring at me right now, I am not a runner, I'm barely a keeper. I'm the keeper of the map-makers, we take all the notes from the runners and create the maze prototypes. 

I've felt useless lately since we've determined that nothing is left to map, so I tend to work with Gally. "These are the same letters we get in our supplies," Newt notes "So whoever put us here also made the grievers. This is the first something you guys have found in years right?" Thomas asks and Gally challenges me to answer "Right," I respond not taking my eyes off of Gally. "Newt we have to go back out there," Thomas tries to convince Newt and Gally looks at Newt with an irritated look. 

"You see what he's trying to do right? First, he breaks our rules and now he's trying to convince us to abandon them entirely? For Shuck's sake, he took (Y/n) out into the maze! The rules are the only thing that has ever held us together, why now are we questioning that? If Alby was here you know he would agree with me, this shank needs to be punished," Gally tells him and I grit my teeth at the subtle jab he gives me. 

"You're right, one night in the pit and no food,"  Newt starts "Come on Newt! You think that's going to keep him from going into the maze? He's dragging (Y/n) in there, he's not even been here a week and he's trying to get into her head," He states and I want to laugh at the absurdity of this, but instead I let the hot rage take over. I place a hand on my chest and start taking short breaths and Thomas looks at me "(Y/n) what?" he asks "I can't breathe," I tell them causing them to look at me with concern.

"(Y/-" Gally starts "There's no room in Gally's ego! Can we go?" I ask looking at Newt who dismisses me with a small smile playing at the corner of his mouth. I storm out of the homestead feeling red hot, it takes mere minutes for Gally to come behind me and grab my wrist. "What the hell was that back there?" he asks me and I gawk at his audacity "Excuse me? Captain Gally, what the hell is up with you? He's trying to get into my head?" I ask him nothing but venom in my voice. 

"You went into the maze today! You let him convince you to break the rules You're lucky Newt's not throwing you into the pit," Gally tells me and I see red as I turn on him "I have been stuck in that map room for over a year doing nothing! There has been nothing new! Thomas has finally done something! I don't want to die in this glade, if that means I have to follow Thomas out into the maze then I will." I tell Gally and his face changes in shock "Even if that means you'll leave me behind?" He asks and I go silent but I don't look away from him.

"Why would you stay here?" I ask him and he seems stung "This is our home, this is the only world we've ever known," He tells me and I shake my head feeling wrecked "Gally, this is a prison, and if I have to choose you or freedom... I'll choose freedom," I tell him and he shakes his head and I try to reach out to him but he only pulls away from me.