~Newt~

~Newt X Female Reader~

It had been such a long time since I got to sit and rest like this. I thought as I sat leaning back on my arms with my face towards the sky. I could hardly remember what it was like, I thought about the glade back before we got out. I was in the maze with Aris and although those times weren't the most relaxing either they were better than the times we faced now.

I sit here and I let out a hum a sigh of relief and try to push out everything bad. "You look quite peaceful," Newt says breaking the warm silence. "I'm trying to bask in the warmth and happiness we find ourselves in at the moment," I tell him opening my eye slightly and sending him a grin to match his own. "It is a beautiful day and even more beautiful from where I'm standing," he tells me sending me a wink.

I laugh lightly "Newt? Why do you always flirt with me?" I ask him leaning closer to him so are shoulders touch. It was no secret that Newt flirted with me ever since Aris had introduced me to them, not that I'm complaining I flirted back when I felt like it. I wasn't sure why he did it though, was it because he liked me or because he was just enjoying the flirtatious conversation. Newt doesn't even blink an eye at the question he just smiles at me. 

"(Y/n) are you aware of how amazing you are?" he asks me causing me to smile with a light blush "I'm growing increasingly aware the longer I stick around you," I tell him "I flirt with you because I can't resist you, and the idea of anyone else in this lot thinking you're available isn't an option for me. They don't see what I see that you're not just a beautiful girl, but someone who in the smallest moments calls a bad situation a beautiful day. You give up your last bit of water to another one of us because we have nothing left, you're special to me. I know it hasn't been long but you've stolen my heart and I can't help but tell you how amazing you are," he tells me taking my breath away.

He smiles broadly at me and then leans in to kiss me. His lips graze over mine in suck a sweet gentle fashion. When he's about to pull back I push myself forward to connect our lips once again, not yet ready to lose the connection. I wrap my arms around him and pull back only after a minute has past. "I like you too," I tell him the blush now covering my whole face, "Really? I couldn't tell," Newt states with a giddy grin spread across his features. 

I shove his arm lightly and admire the way his laugh sounds through the air. I wish moments like this could last forever just me and Newt in the warm air.