Chapter - 20: Moments

Angel suffers from pain attacks but with on-time treatment, she’s fine. Sachin brings her home and instructs Ruhana to take care of Angel. He further surprises Ruhana by staying home with Angel.  Two hours pass by. Ruhana cooks vegetable rice and serves it to Angel and Sachin and she herself joins them. An hour later, Ruhana winds up the chores while Sachin gives medicine to Angel and the girl falls asleep due to the medicinal effects.

Meanwhile, Sachin’s phone rings and his voice breaks Ruhana’s trance. She looks from the kitchen window and finds him talking seriously. She pours her coffee into a mug and moves out. At the same time, Sachin turns to her. She smiles at him.

“Sorry bhaiya! Maine aapke liye coffee nahi banai. Wo mujhe laga aap so gaye honge.” Ruhana says, as it’s already noon and she thought that he might have slept alongside Angel, after all he chose to be with her.

“ It’s okay, Ruhana. Mujhe coffee nahi peeni. Anyway, mujhe abhi jana hoga.” Sachin says seriously.

“Aapne toh dad ko mana kardiya tha na?” Ruhana asks about her father, who is Sachin and Vineet’s boss in CID.

“Haan, lekin mujhe jana hoga. Pune jana hain.” Sachin says but Ruhana cuts him.

“Vineet bhi wahin gaya hain. Sab thik hai na, Bhaiya?” She asks, a fear fluttering in her heart.

“Relax Ruhana! Sab thik hain. Ek case se juda kaam hain, uske liye mujhe jana hain.” Sachin tells her.

“Arey, par abhi toh Vineet gaya hain. Aap kaise ja sakte ho? Main kaise sambhalungi yahan?? Main papa ko bolti hun.”  Ruhana counter-questions.

“Arey arey, relax! Main kal tak wapas aa jaunga. Bas ek din ki baat hain. Main jaanta hun tum sab kuch sambhal logi.”  Sachin pats her cheeks affectionately.

“Bhaiya! This is not done! Maana main manage kar sakti hun lekin Angel! Wo toh pareshan ho jayegi. Aur aap dono mein se kisi ek ko toh rehna chahiye na!” Ruhana retorts.

“Ab kaam hain toh karna padega na. I’ll get ready. Tum apna aur Angel ka dhyan rakhna, samjhi!” He pats her head and moves back to his room.

Ruhana sighs deeply. Okay! It’s not that she can’t manage without Vineet and Sachin. She is worried for Angel as she hoped that Sachin will care for her and she can do those things which she is not able to do. But, there’s a call and this time, there is no denying. She packs some food for him and in an hour, Sachin leaves the house.

*****
Ruhana’s trance is broken with a sharp voice. She finds herself leaning back on the couch. She looks around and finds Angel sitting on the couch beside her.

“Angel, are you fine? “  Ruhana asks, concerned about her health.

“I am fine! Lekin tum yahan kyun so rahi thi? Room mein jake nahi so sakti?”  Angel asks many questions in a second.

“Arey! Gussa kyun karti ho? “ Ruhana asks, stretching her arms.

“Kyun na karun? Mujhe toh kehti ho dhyan rakho, no junk food! Khud ko dekho! Couch koi sone ki jagah hain? Room mein jaake sona chahiye na. Backache ho gaya toh!” Angel says, actually scolds her for her wrongdoing.

“Sowwy, mumma!” Ruhana says cutely and Angel rolls her eyes at her.

“Arey! Kitna dantogi? Baby bhi darr jayega! tumse” Ruhana jokes.

“ Main Hitler hoon kya jo wo mujhse ladega?” Angel asks.

“Aur kya! Kinna daantti ho tum mujhe? Main kuch kehti hoon toh gussa ho jati ho!” Ruhana reasons.

“Jab tum baat nahi sunogi toh dantna padega. And yes! Main badi hoon tumse! Jethani hoon tumhari” Angel says.

“Bilkul! Ab aap thoda aaram karengi? Nai toh jethji mere kaan kheench lenge.” Ruhana jokes.

“Kahan gaya wo? Usko aaj toh rehna chahiye tha na!!” Angel makes a face.

“He was here. Par end mein he had to go. But he will be back by tomorrow. Bas Vineet ka nahi pata. Koi baat nahi hui usse.”  Ruhana says.

Yes! She’s used to him in last 4-5 months. This is the first time after their marriage that a mission is assigned to Vineet and he had to go. Ruhana can’t complain, but right now, she wants someone to hold her and to tell her that things will fall at their right places. She sighs deeply but then something strikes Ruhana’s mind and she tells Angel about the order which they got in the morning.

Angel chuckles, she holds Ruhana’s hands and the ladies twirl around. As they stop, Angel says something that leaves Ruhana touched. 

To Be Continued.

What did Angel say?

Stay tuned.