Birth of the Forest 6.

Jiraiya just stood there, frozen. Kushina was staring at her son, her mouth opening and closing with no words coming out.

Jiraiya was the first to react.

"Of all the lives you had to live before this one, it had to be him…This is GREAT!" he said enthusiastically with a thumbs up sign.

Naruto grinned at the man's response. Jiraiya reminded him of how he used to be as Hashirama. How he still was, to a large extent.

He and his godfather would reconcile just fine.

"Because of my study of seals I know you are still my son, Naruto. The unexpected keeps happening to the Namikaze family. Having the reborn Hashirama as a son… Minato would be so proud. I am too. So proud...", Kushina said wonderingly still unable to believe.

She shook her head, still trying to accept Naruto and Hashirama being one. Her little boy was the rebirth of the most revered ninja since the Sage of the Six paths.

Naruto sent a sly glance towards Kakashi.

"You reacted better than Kakashi-sensei, Kaa-san and ero-sennin. He only…fainted."

Kakashi managed to look indignant even with his mask on. Jiraiya and Kushina were snorting with laughter, imagining Sharingan no Kakashi fainting like an academy fan girl.

"I'll get you for this, Naruto…" threatened Kakashi.

Kushina then looked at Hiruzen and Kakashi.

"I hate asking this…but all this seems too surreal to me, Hokage-sama. Do you believe Naruto?"

Hiruzen nodded without hesitation.

"He is Hashirama-sama reborn, without a doubt. That seal there was attuned more to soul than to chakra, and only Hashirama-sama could use it. There is no doubt."

Kushina nodded, trying to comprehend the implications and her own chaotic feelings. It was not every parent who learned that their son had such a truly beautiful soul.

"Also, to convince me, He raised a massive wooden bridge from Nami to the mainland with just a single hand seal. Only Shodai-sama could ever use Mokuton with such skill and power…No Genin however talented could do that. It is acquired through decades of experience only…" said Kakashi.

Kushina was stunned. She had no choice but to believe her son after what Kakashi and Hiruzen said. She stared at Naruto with mixed emotions on her face. Love for her son and reverence for his greatness.

Minato's idiotic mistake had awakened a legend…

"Would you prefer Naruto or Hashirama when we are alone, Naruto?" she asked.

"Call me Naruto, Kaa-san. I am still your son, even if I was Hashirama back then…"

Kushina nodded, looking relieved. It would take her a long time to get used to the reality of Senju Hashirama being born as her son. She would adapt for her son's sake.

The Sandaime looked at all of them.

"I called all of you here primarily to discuss the matter of Orochimaru. Jiraiya, Naruto, you have to stop tailing Kabuto from hereon. Our Jounin Gekko Hayate who was tailing him yesterday has been killed."

Naruto had a sad look on his face, as did Jiraiya and Kakashi. Hayate's death was a great loss to the Jounin, as he was very talented at Kenjutsu.

Jiraiya looked at Hiruzen. "I assume you called me and Naruto to brief Kushina and Kakashi of our findings, Sensei."