Birth of the Forest 9.

Jiraiya and Naruto walked alone, leaving Sasuke in the clearing they had adopted for a training ground. Sasuke was really giving his all to the new fire technique Jiraiya had taught him.

He still has to teach me the Grand Fireball, thought Naruto. Sasuke had learnt shunshin from him, and had progressed rapidly with that technique.

Naruto did not really need the fire technique, but he thought it would be prudent to have at least one fire technique in his arsenal.

"Do you want to learn a technique of the Yondaime, Naruto?"

Naruto turned fast to him, excitement on his face.

"You mean the Hiraishin no Jutsu?"

Jiraiya laughed. "No, not that one. I do know the theory behind it, but the seals are customized so well that it can be used only by those with Minato's blood in them. It is a very powerful technique..."

Naruto looked a bit disappointed. Any theory behind the working of the technique would be of little use, until he had the exact seal array and understood it to the fullest extent.

He really doubted if Minato had left the seal array scroll lying around. He had to speak to his mother.

"No, Naruto. I will show you the Rasengan. It is an A-rank technique that was deadly when used in conjunction with Hiraishin. The terror your father inspired with this is...legendary."

Naruto was really excited. A new technique! His Mokuton, though it felt extremely natural and peaceful, was very familiar to him. Second nature. He had not had the joy of learning a new technique as Hashirama for a long time now.

"Show me, ero-sennin!"

Jiraiya adopted a deadpan look, holding out his hand.

"Money...."

A tic mark appeared on Naruto's face. Really, he had to pay to learn his own father's technique? He stared at Jiraiya with a cold look.

"Mokuton...."

Jiraiya waved his hands fast. "Ok, ok....no need to get excited. Watch carefully Naruto, with both eyes and sense."

Naruto nodded, satisfied.

Pure chakra began rotating in Jiraiya's hand, contained into a sphere. The chakra seemed to be chaotic, thought Naruto.

He concentrated hard, both upon the technique and Jiraiya funnelling his chakra to make the technique work.

Turbulence....

Turbulence. That was the essence of his father's technique. The powerful chakra being moved in chaotic rotations, and being contained into a sphere...

THAT'S IT!

Jiraiya stopped his technique, looking expectantly at Naruto. The blue ball of chakra winked out of existence.

"Silence barrier, ero-sennin..."

Jiraiya nodded. Naruto looked at Jiraiya with wonder in his eyes, once they were secure.

"That is a beautiful technique; my father was indeed a genius."

Jiraiya looked closely at Naruto. "You look like you are familiar with the Rasengan."

"I have seen something very similar to it, but on an unimaginably larger scale. To mimic that technique..."

"What technique, Naruto?"

Naruto looked at Jiraiya sharply.

"Bijuudama. The ultimate attack of the Bijuu, causing massive destruction. The Nine Tails could even penetrate my defence, even when I used the Gojuu Rashoumon..."