Birth of the Forest 11.

The clouds darkened as if it was about to rain. A tall youth with a ponytail and Akatsuki cloak walked the desolate land.

His constantly activated Sharingan blazed red as he walked with a thoughtful expression.

"So…you are the notorious Uchiha Itachi. You don't look like much." said a voice behind him.

He turned around in surprise, and saw a woman fully in white. Her deep white hooded cloak concealed her face excellently, and for some reason even the Sharingan could not penetrate that concealment.

"You evaded me. Most impressive…" Itachi said stoically. His Sharingan saw the massive chakra the woman held, it was somewhat larger than his own.

"I am here to collect the bounty placed on your head, Uchiha Itachi. S-ranked criminal whose true strength is unknown, murderer of the Uchiha, traitor to Konoha…your price in the bingo book is very high, after all." said the woman in a calm voice.

Itachi still observed her stoically. The woman was very strong, and was obviously not to be taken lightly.

"You can try, but I am afraid you will be dead soon enough."

The woman said, "Let us see", and disappeared with barely a sound.

Itachi's mastery of the Sharingan allowed him to react in abundant time, and he easily caught the palm that was aimed at his chest. He pivoted and aimed a kick at her head which was neatly dodged.

The woman then sped forward and threw at him a complex series of punches and kicks, the finesse and control amazing him. But he was not called the true heir of the Sharingan for nothing and he met her attacks efficiently, extending the battle.

Finally he caught her right handed punch with his own, and slammed his elbow onto her face. At the same time, he could feel her kick connect to his side.

The two of them separated and flew back several yards from each other. His opponent seemed to be considering him carefully.

"You do not use Genjutsu on me, I see. You are a master of Genjutsu, are you not?"

"I am. But you are a sensor Ninja, and by the way your chakra flows I can see that your chakra is especially inert to Genjutsu" answered Itachi.

He formed the ox seal and intoned: "Katon: Gokakyuu no Jutsu!"

A massive fireball shot from his mouth, roaring towards the hooded woman at a fast pace. It burned a huge furrow in the ground as it rushed onwards.

"Suiton: Mizu no Mayu!" said the woman forming the bird seal.

Inexplicably, his onrushing ball of fire was covered by water and came rushing back to him. The water surrounding the fire was now boiling, making it even deadlier.

Itachi's Sharingan widened as it analysed the extremely skilled Suiton manipulation. He was not strong enough with Suiton to stop that attack, and did not have time for Katon. Only one option, then.

His eyes morphed into the Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Amaterasu!"

The heavenly black flames swallowed up the counterattack of the woman, and Itachi turned his baleful gaze upon her. The fires of Amaterasu materialized instantly in a large torrent in front of the woman and fell upon her.

Itachi looked with surprised eyes as his unquenchable flames were absorbed neatly into the woman.

"Fuka Hoin. The strongest fire suppressor there is." He said, impressed with her ingenuity.