Diner party

Relationship: Lorelai's newly wedded wife
Age: the same as Lorelai (or close. You get the idea)
Plot gist: you and Lorelai decide to host your first dinner party in honor of your marriage. Ft. The lovely Emily Gilmore
——————

"Rory honey, go put these out" Lorelai handed her daughter a dish and she was quick to follow the instruction of her mother.

"How's it coming my little chef" Lorelai wrapped her arms around you from behind letting her chin rest on your shoulder.

You were making soup. We'll attempting to make soup.

Not just any soup either. Emily's favorite soup.

"Its bubbling, should it be bubbling like that?" You asked concerned.

"Y/n Sookie's here" Rory popped her head in to give you the good news.

"Send her in" you ordered as Lorelai pulled away from you. Finding your frantic panic and immense focus adorable.

Lorelai was sure to tell Sookie to come an hour before the party actually started. Knowing you would thank her later.

"Sookie help" you pleaded as if you were a child stepping away from the stove all together whiling your hands on your apron.

"Pour me a glass of that?" You asked your wife who was pouring herself a glass of red wine.

A few seconds later you were met with a glass and a kiss on the cheek from your darling wife.

Lorelai walked out to her daughter finding herself being stressed out just by being around you.

"She's insane. It's like she's a robot"

"I know. She's scary. I don't know why she cares so much" Lorelai said honestly as Rory helped her set up some last minute things.

"She just wants them to like her" Rory said honestly

"They do like her" Lorelai said also being truthful

———

You gripped Lorelai's thigh nervously as you watched your mother in law bring a spoon full of your soup to her lips

She hummed I'm response. You let out a sigh of relief like a weight had been lifted off your chest. Until...

"Sookie this is lovely" she smiled at Sookie who was to your left

"Oh no, I didn't-"

"You'll have to come over and tell me what you did differently" she smiled as she took another spoonful of the soup you made.

Lorelai watched as you slumped down in your seat a bit sadly. The sight made her heart ache.

"It's ok honey" she whispered soothingly as she grabbed your hand that now resigned to your lap

———

"Goodnight y/n" Rory gave you a hug as your and Lorelai cleaned up from dinner a few hours later

"Goodnight kid" you kissed her head

"I'm sorry about your soup" she said quietly as she went to walk out of your room

"It's just soup" you forced a small smile at your step daughter who your adored

"It's not just about then soup is it honey" Lorelai asked when you heard Rory's door close.

You looked down at your hands that she was holding in hers.

"Don't do that, just talk" she said softly lifting your head back up by your chin with her index finger. You looked into her eyes for what seemed like the first time I'm hours.

"I just want them to like me"

"They love you I promise" she smiled

"No they don't"

"Stop that. You're amazing how could they not love you. Even if they don't you're my wife. My love for you is the only thing that should matter" she kissed you softly and you smiled as you melted against her.

"Thank you" she pushed your head to her chest as she held you in her arms.

"Your welcome honey" she planted a kiss to your head.