Driving lession

Relationship: Lorelai's Love interest (+ First Kiss)
Age: 3ish years younger than Lorelei
Plot gist: although you're in your mid 30s you never got your drivers license. Somehow Lorelei obtains this information and gives you your first driving lesson
—————

"hey lore, what's up?" you asked as she walked into your office at her dad's firm

she didn't say anything. she simply threw a driver's ED book on your desk.

"what's this for"

"well, a little birdy told me that you didn't have a driver's license, so I took the liberty of making you an appointment at the DMV" she smiled happily

"Lorelai I haven't driven a car since I was like 12. I'm going to bomb the test completely" you told her honestly picking up the book and flipping threw it.

"no. because I'm going to help you. I'll pick you up every evening from work and you'll drive me home" she leaned over your desk.

you had to focus hard on keeping your focus on her eyes rather than her chest which was sticking out like a sore thumb in front of your face.

"I don't think it's that simple," you said not wanting to turn her down too coldly

"oh but it is. I have it all in order" she smiled feeling proud of herself

you didn't want to miss out on any time you got with Lorelai. especially if it was just going to be the two of you.

she went to reach out for the book again bringing you out of your thoughts as her hand brushed yours.

you were sure there would be much more physical contact with her if you agreed to do this little private driver's ED class she set up.

you didn't need any more convincing.

"ok" you agreed looking into her eyes, which lit up as a smile crossed her face.

---

as promised Lorelai appeared right as you were clocking out.

"wait we're starting today?" you asked knowing that's precisely why she was here

"we can't waste any time with this. your test 9s this weekend"

of course, it was. what a Lorelai thing to do. now you couldn't push off doing the little night drives the incredibly sweet woman you had loved since high school.

Your nerves rose as she usured you into the drives side of her car.

"I can't do this lore" you looked at her worried as you started the car.

"you can do it I promise. if I can do it so can you" she put her hand on your knee as your body tensed up

you inhaled sharply as your head tilted down to look at her soft hand that was so carelessly draped over your leg.

you became stiff and tense almost afraid that if you moved her embrace would leave as fast as it came.

--

you managed to successfully drive her home every night that week. you walked her to her doorstep every time like the gentleman you are and walked home from there.

you never minded the walk home. Lorelai always left you with a smile and something to think about as you walked back to your small house right outside Stars Hallow.

"here you are. home again" you said parking the car for the last time before your test the next day

"test day tomorrow. how you feeling?" she asked placing her hand over yours that was still 10 and 2 on your steering well

"I think I'm ready. thank you for this by the way" you reciprocated her touch for the first time.

you took her hand in yours intertwining your fingers with hers and you rubbed the pad of your thumb over her knuckles.

"of course," she said and the car filled with silence again.

the tension was thick as was the air.

"who was the little birdy that told you I never got my driver's license anyway?" you asked your confidence slowly building up more and more by the second.

"my father. he told me he saw you taking the bus every day."

it felt to the both of you that Richard has always been trying to set the two of you up with each other. ever since your freshman year when he made Lorelai tudor you. although, not much studying ever happened. she would just make you sneak out with her.

"what are you thinking about y/n?" she asked stroking your cheek and pulling you closer

here come the nerves again

"I just think it's weird how we've known each other for so long yet-" your meanless word vomit was cut off by her firmly placing her lips on yours.

"yet you've never done that" you finished your sentence when she pulled away from you

"ill pick you up at 9:00 tomorrow ok?" she assured you but you couldn't hear her. you were more infatuated and intrigued by her touch and her lips than you had ever been.

"come n you gonna walk me to my door of what she said opening your door and extending her hand to you waiting for you to get out and walk her home.

you did just as you had every other night. except for this time, you left her with a kiss goodbye.

your smile had never been bigger as you walked home last night. your fingers felt your lips where Lorelai's touch lingered. you swore that you could still feel her touch throughout the rest of the night.