1

Gabriella

"Right here is the baby. You're only 6 and a half weeks so the baby isn't that big yet but it's growing." The doctor explained to Gabriella.

Gabriella smiled whipping the tear that fell down her face. She was going to be having a baby at 24 years old. She was young but she was going to take care her responsibilities.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Please take care of yourself and that little bundle of joy."

"I will." Gabriella smiled one more time before walking out and into the lobby.

"You done?" Her boyfriend asked standing up.

"Yes I'm done." She replied to her boyfriend, Devon.

They walked to Devon's car in silence. They got in and Devon drove off turning on the radio.

"So did you make an appointment?" Devon finally spoke up.

"Appointment for what?" She asked him confused.

"To abort the mothafucka." He responded carelessly. He didn't want a baby at this point in his life. He just wanted to have fun.

Gabriella's mouth dropped. "I'm - I'm keeping it." She studdered in disbelief.

Devon pulled into their shared driveway.

"You're a selfish bitch." He got out and slammed the car door shut.

Gabriella quickly got out and followed him into the house.

"How can you talk like that to the mother of your child?" She couldn't believe he was acting like that.

"I don't want a baby right now. That's not my fucking child."

"Devon stop." Gabriella grabbed on his arm. "We're going to be parents."

In one swift motion Devon slapped Gabriella making her stumble to the ground. Tears rolled down her face as she looked up at him.

"Devon you said you weren't going to do this anymore." She cried.

"Damn, I'm sorry baby." He kneeled down kissing her cheek. "I ain't mean to but that baby got to go one way or another." He said and got up leaving her on the floor.

-

Hassan

"Hassan, baby wake up." Destiny spoke tapping him lightly.

"What you want Destiny?" Hassan opened his eyes looking at her.

"We don't spend time together any more." Destiny pouted.

"I'm sleep and you waking me up on this shit?" He cocked his eyebrow at her sitting up.

"I just missed you that's all." Destiny spoke lowly turning around about to get out the bed.

Hassan let out a sigh. "I get that but you couldn't wait until I woke up?"

Destiny turned around with glossy eyes. "Sorry I bothered you." She got up abruptly making her way to til he bathroom.

Hassan got up and grabbed her arm turning her to face him.

"Get dressed and we can go out and do something." He said looking down at her.

A small smile appeared on her face. "Really?"

"Yea, now stop crying. I hate that shit." He took his thumb and wiped the tear off her cheek.

"Ok, I love you baby." She leaned up and placed a kiss on his lips. "Can we go to the mall?"

"Whatever you want, I love you too."

Marissa grinned and made her way into their joint bathroom.

------

New book