7

Gabriella

It's been a few weeks since the lost of Gabriella's child and she was slowly dealing with it. She finally answered one of Hassan's calls and they were meeting up.

Gabriella walked into Olive Branch going over to the table he was sitting at. It was a booth in the corner of the restaurant.

As soon as Gabriella approached the table Hassan looked up and smiled making Gabriella smile.

"Hi." Gabriella spoke with a slight nervousness.

"What's up Gabriella." Hassan got up and wrapped his arms around her giving her a hug. "Long time no speak." He let go and pulled out the chair for Gabriella to sit.

"Thank you." Gabriella said taking her seat.

Hassan went back to his seat and sat down.

"Can I get you guys anything to drink?" The waiter asked approaching the table.

"Strawberry Lemonade." Gabriella said.

"You can just get me a Sierra Mist." Hassan said.

"I'll be right back with your drinks."
The waiter left and Hassan looked at Gabriella for a few seconds before speaking.

"What's been up with you? It's like you been ignoring my calls."

Gabriella sighed. "I have and I'm sorry. I just been going through a lot and I'm saving you the trouble."

The waiter returned with the drinks then took their order before leaving.

"What do you mean saving me the trouble?"

"I'm damaged Hassan. You don't want to deal with me and all the problems I come with."

"You deciding that for me? Gabriella I don't care about what you have going on. I like spending time with you, I see the pain in your eyes and I want to make it better."

"You can't Hassan. I'm just going through so much and it hurts so bad." Tears started running down Gabriella's face and she tried to wipe them off but the tears wouldn't stop.

Hassan got up and slid in the booth next to her.

"Stop crying Gabriella, you're too pretty for the tears." He wrapped his arm around her pulling her into a hug.

"It just seem like I been crying nonstop and I want to stop so bad. My life is going horrible, I don't even know how did I get to this point." Gabriella confided in him.

"What's the matter? Let's take a ride somewhere." Hassan got ten dollars from his jeans and threw it on the table before getting up.

He stood up and held his hand out for Gabriella to take.

"Hassan I can't. I'm sorry but I can't drag you into my problems."

"Its not dragging if I'm willing to be in it. Come on baby, take my hand and take a ride with me."

Gabriella got up and took his hand following him out to his car. He opened the door for her and once she was seated he closed the door and walked over to the drivers side.

Once he was in he started the car and drove off.

"Stop crying gorgeous, it may seem bad right now but I promise you it won't be like this forever." Hassan said to her.

Gabriella took in everything he was saying and was hoping he was right.

Hassan

Hassan pulled up to his mother's house and opened the car door for Gabriella.

"Where are we Hassan?" Gabriella asked looking at the home.

"Just trust me, I won't guide you wrong."

He used his key to open the door to the house. The smell of some kind of baking hit his nose and he knew he came just in time.

"Ma." He called walking into the kitchen while holding Gabriella's hand.

"Hi baby." His mother turned around. "And please stop using your key to my house."

"Ma what's the point of having a key if I can't use it."

"You right so give it back." She held her hand out.

"Stop playing." He laughed giving her a hug.

Gabriella stood there awkwardly looking around.

"And who's this chocolate beauty?" She asked looking at Gabriella.

"This my close friend Gabriella and Gabriella this my mother."

"Hi, you can call me Debbie." She pulled Gabriella into an embrace. "What's wrong honey?" She asked noticing the red eyes.

"Ma what you baking?" Hassan asked.

"Some cakes, I was bored."

"What kind of cake?" Gabriella asked.

"Chocolate, vanilla, red velvet."

"I love red velvet."

"You want to taste it?"

"Yes, I'll taste it."

"Cut me a piece." Hassan said sitting at the kitchen island.

"No, I'm not feeding your big ass no cake, excuse my language Gabriella." Debbie said making Gabriella laugh.

"Oh I cuss too so it's fine." Gabriella said and Hassan and his mother busted out laughing. "I'm serious." Gabriella said.

"Sweetie you're too much." Debbie cut a piece of the cake and gave it to her.

"This is so good." Gabriella said.

After spending about another hour there the two left. Hassan was happy that the two seemed to get along.

"Feel better?" Hassan asked her once they were in his car.

"Yes I do, thank you Hassan." She looked at him and smiled.

"I just want to keep seeing that smile on your face and if that mean I have to do then I'll do it, you're not getting rid of me."

He grabbed her hand.

"I'm just scared."

"Scared of what baby?"

"Scared of being hurt or left."

"I'm not going anywhere. I told you this where I want to be. I'm making you smile because no woman should walk around with no other facial expression on her face."

"Hassan." Gabriella said shaking her head with a smile.

"What?" He asked with a smile tugging on his lips.

"You're just too good to me."

"That's how it's supposed to be." He reached over and kissed her forehead. "And that's how it's going to stay."