4

Gabriella

Gabriella walked around her room getting dressed in silence. Devon was downstairs and she didn't want him coming in the room while she was getting dressed.

She dressed in a pair of black yoga leggings, a neon yellow light weight Pink jacket zipping it all the way up and a pair of neon yellow reebok shoes. She brushed her curly hair up into a high ponytail and grabbed her car keys and phone.

She walked downstairs and reached for the door but Devon said something making her stop.

"I hope you cleaned your face." Devon said.

Gabriella ignored him and opened the door walking out. Once she made it to her car she sighed in relief.

She drove to the park across town, she just needed to get away and do some walking to think. She parked her car and got out making sure to lock it behind her. She walked over to the bench in the park taking a seat. It wasn't that many people out. She looked down at her phone seeing her mother calling. She ignored it and sent a text to her.

Mom I'm fine, I swear. I love you

She wiped her face and blinked her eyes to stop from crying. She was hurting.

-

Hassan

"Baby it's not what you think, I swear." Destiny said trying to stop Hassan from leaving.

"I walk away for one minute and I come back to see you giggling and smiling in another nigga face. What the fuck wrong with you Destiny?"

"I was just saying thank you for the compliment he gave me." Destiny tried to plead her case

"I don't give a fuck, you don't sit there and entertain another nigga. Imma head out cause I need some space from you."

Hassan grabbed his keys and left without saying another word to Destiny.

He left his phone in the car so he wouldn't have to keep ignoring Destiny's phone calls. He locked the doors behind him and started to walk around the park.

Destiny and Hassan was at the mall like any other time and Hassan stepped away to ask about something he wanted and when he came back Destiny was flirting with another nigga. He knew Destiny was too stupid to cheat on him but it still made him mad.

Hassan was walking pass a bench when he glanced over and noticed the woman from the market.

"Mind if I sit here?" Hassan asked approaching her.

"No, it's fine." Gabriella said without even looking his way.

Hassan sat down and looked at her.

"I'm Hassan, I'm not sure if you remember me or not."

Gabriella looked at him and recognized his face.

"Your name sounds familiar." Gabriella spoke softly.

Hassan smiled at her. Gabriella continued to look at him being memorized by his eyes.

"We ran into each other at the market one day." Hassan chuckled.

"Oh right, I remember now. Your eyes are pretty." Gabriella smiled then turned her eyes ahead of her watching the little kids play.

"Thank you, I didn't get your name."

"Gabriella." Gabriella placed her hand on her stomach unintentionally thinking she would be having a child now.

"What happened to your face? If you don't mind me asking." Hassan reached out for her but Gabriella flinched back.

"Um, I was being clumsy and fell off the bed."

"That's the lie you tell everyone?" Hassan rose his eyebrow.

The flinching and the bruises, he put two and two together. Anyone could.

"You don't know me Hassan."

"You right I don't know you but I do know how to treat a lady and the nigga that's hitting you not doing it right." Hassan spoke getting angry.

One thing he hated was for a man to put his hands on a female.

"Love hurts, but when you love someone you'll do anything to make it work. You'll allow yourself to go through a lot just to feel that love in return." Gabriella looked at him with tears streaming down her face.

Hassan reached out and wiped her tears. "Relax, I'm not that nigga. And that love you want you won't find in him. Someone who loves you won't want to see you hurt instead they'll do anything to make sure you don't get hurt."

Gabriella let out a sigh. "I don't even know you and I'm telling you all my business."

"Well get to know me. You like ice cream?" Hassan stood up and fixed the hoodie on his jacket.

"Yes but-."

"Let me take you for ice cream."

He held his hand out for her and Gabriella took it standing up.

-

Gabriella

Gabriella drove in her car following behind Hassan.

What am I doing? She kept asking herself.

She knew she shouldn't be going out somewhere with another man but it's was like something inside of her allowed her to.

She pulled up Cold Stone parking. Hassan got out his car and walked over to hers opening the door for her.

She turned the car off and got out and locked the doors behind her.

"I shouldn't even be with you." Gabriella said walking beside him to the entrance.

"What's stopping you then?"

"I couldn't answer that even if I wanted to." Hassan opened and held the door for her to go in. "Thank you."

The two ordered what they were getting and took a seat in the booth facing each other.

"So how long have you been with the nigga." Hassan asked.

"A year and some months." Gabriella shrugged. "Everything was fine in the beginning then he started becoming really possessive then after I moved in that's when the beating started." Gabriella explained.

"I don't like that shit, why you still with him? And don't say because you love him."

"I'm scared." Gabriella spoke honestly. "I've never been with anyone else and if I leave he'll find me. It happened before."

"If you leave, I'll protect you."

"Why you so concerned about me? You don't even know me." Gabriella said looking at him.

"I don't like males putting their hands on females and plus you to beautiful to let a nigga beat up on you like that."

Gabriella blushed looking down at her phone noticing the time and the many missed calls from Devon.

"I have to go." Gabriella said frantically scooting out the booth.

"Hold up." Hassan grabbed her arm and this time she didn't flinch. "Give me your number and we'll hang out again."

"How you know I want to do this again?" Gabriella asked him.

"First because you didn't flinch when I grabbed you and second you're still standing here."

"Ok." Gabriella gave him her phone and he locked his number in then dialed himself so he'll have hers."

"If you need me call me." Hassan said looking in her eyes.

"I will, thanks for everything."

Hassan leaned down placing a kiss on her forehead before letting go. Gabriella stood there for a few seconds before she walked off in a hurry to her car.

------

Hassan in mm

Comment and Vote

How y'all feeling this story so far?