6

Gabriella

Gabriella woke up to bright lights. She closed her eyes for a few seconds then reopened them. She looked around the hospital room and noticed her parents.

"Mom." Gabriella croaked out. She cleared her throat. "Daddy."

"Gabriella, how you feeling?" Her mom rushed to her side brushing her hair back.

"Ok, I guess." Gabriella mumbled looking down at her hands.

"Gabriella you been lying to us?" Her father finally spoke up.

Gabriella looked up at her father and noticed he was mad.

"N-no." Gabriella studdered.

"Arthur now is not the time." Her mother looked at her father. Her father glanced at the two before walking out the hospital room.

"He's mad at me."

"Gabriella you told me he wasn't doing it anymore but look at you. His coward ass pushed you down the steps-."

"Gabriella your woke." The doctor said walking into the room holding a folder. "How are feeling?"

"Ok." Gabriella shrugged. Her back was hurting but she could deal with it.
"That's good. I'm sorry to tell you this but you did miscarry." The doctor said with a sad facial expression.

Gabriella didn't say anything as tears rolled down her face.

"Your boyfriend bought you in and said you fell down the steps. He stayed for a hour or so then left. I just need to confirm the statement."

"Its true." Gabriella sobbed into her hands.

Her mother looked at her with a disappointed look. She sighed and shook her head.

"Thanks doctor." Her mother said.

"We just ask you to take it easy for a few days but you can go today."

-

Gabriella sat in the back of her parents car looking out the window. She wasn't looking at anything, she was just staring.

After 15 minutes of driving they arrived in front of a hotel.

"Why am I here?" Gabriella asked.

"If you think we're letting you go back to that house then your crazy. Now get out the car Gabriella." Her mother spoke getting out.

Gabriella got out and followed behind them quietly. She made it into the suite and took a seat on the couch.

"Gabriella where he at?" Her father asked. He been itching to get his hands on Devon.

"I don't know daddy."

"Gabriella-."

"Arthur leave her alone, she just found out she lost her child."

"This nigga shouldn't be putting his hands on our fucking daughter now you telling me leave her alone. He need to get dealt with." Her father fumed. He was getting angrier by the second.

Gabriella started to cry again. Every time she thought about the baby that was once inside of her she became even more hurt.

"Don't yell at me. You're not helping the situation at all." Her mother sat beside her on the couch and wrapped her arms around her.

Gabriella cried harder into her mother's chest.

"You sitting there like you don't care about the nigga that's the reason why she crying."